i currently have a line 6 pod xt and a mac i usually run my xt into my mac via usb to record
and to practice without using an amp.

Now heres my problem i upgraded my mac to snow leopard the new o/s and line 6 have not
upgraded the drivers for the software so my line 6 pod is useless to me they have not given a date for when this will be fixed but from what i have read its gonna be a while.

should i sell off my pod xt and buy something else if so what else is there that is similar to the pod just want something for bedroom use and that i connect to an amp every so often although this isnt 100% necessary so computer interfaces are fine please help thanks
NO ONES GONNA TAKE ME ALIVE
THE TIME HAS COME TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT
Does the sound card on your Mac have a line in jack? If so plug the left out of the PodXT into the line in jack of your sound card. Set the PodXT to 'studio direct' via TUNE button, check the manual for this. As an alternative you could get a DI box and route the Pod's output through that.
The only problem is that you still don't have line 6 edit for easy tweaks to the pod but you can do anything from the front panel of the pod you can do with line 6 edit it's just not as point and click easy.
Last edited by sparkeyjames at Nov 26, 2009,
yeah my mac does have a line in i suppose i could do that but it still means i cant download patches from customtone one of the reasons i bought the podxt was due to the user submitted online library is there anyone others that have a similar setup where you can swap user created tones
Quote by exitmusic
yeah my mac does have a line in i suppose i could do that but it still means i cant download patches from customtone one of the reasons i bought the podxt was due to the user submitted online library is there anyone others that have a similar setup where you can swap user created tones

Is your Mac dual boot capable? If it is you could install a copy of Windows XP and put all the patches on there. Not as handy but it is a workaround till Line6 gets their game together. Also according to the manual Line6 edit should be able to connect to the Pod via MIDI so if you have a MIDI interface to your Mac that would also work. I have an Edirol USB MIDI interface I'll check to see if it works with Line6 edit for patch sends to the POD.
Last edited by sparkeyjames at Nov 26, 2009,
Quote by sparkeyjames
Is your Mac dual boot capable? If it is you could install a copy of Windows XP and put all the patches on there. Not as handy but it is a workaround till Line6 gets their game together. Also according to the manual Line6 edit should be able to connect to the Pod via MIDI so if you have a MIDI interface to your Mac that would also work. I have an Edirol USB MIDI interface I'll check to see if it works with Line6 edit for patch sends to the POD.

not too sure if its dual boot not great with computers really plus i dont really wanna be messing round with things thanks for the help though you have give me some good advice thanks

just been looking at guitar rig does anyone have any experiance with this at all the one that comes with the foot controller i may possibly get this sell off the pod and use this instead plus you have the controls to swap patches

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/74556
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/83315
Quote by sparkeyjames
Also according to the manual Line6 edit should be able to connect to the Pod via MIDI so if you have a MIDI interface to your Mac that would also work. I have an Edirol USB MIDI interface I'll check to see if it works with Line6 edit for patch sends to the POD.

Line 6 edit does indeed work with MIDI I/O for uploading patches to the POD. At least it does with my Windows XP laptop and my USB Edirol MIDI interface. For less than it would cost for a new Guitar processor I think you could continue to use your POD with a MIDI interface. Probably less than $50 for a Mac compatible MIDI interface and cables.
First - what software version of Podxt do you have? Very early versions cannot be updated via USB, they will require a MIDI update. After this MIDI update you will be able o do any further updates via USB. If it's a more recent version then all updates can be done via USB to begin with.

Do not use a USB hub, connect directly to computer.

You need to get that registration info as soon as possible to continue.

The first piece of software you need before leaping ahead into PodFarms etc. is Line6 Monkey. Launch the Monkey and you will probably see some yellow triangles with a "!" in them. This is telling you they need updating. Do all the updates as suggested, following the instructions to disconnect the USB when told. The Monkey checks online to make sure you're connected before launching the Monkey. Once everything is up to date you can continue and you should be able to now see your Podxt.

Line6 Edit is far from crappy, as it actually has features that are missing from GearBox which still hasn't had them added (i'm talking about features that are in the Pod itself that aren't programmable from GearBox!). So Edit is not so crappy after all. i love the way you suckered yourself ino the advertising blurb of newer is better .

Also, if you don't have all the expansion packs in your Pod you will not be able to use those amps/cabs/effects in PodFarm that you do not own.
======================
sara's super spa
mobile office internet