Hi

I'm trying to source a footswitch to switch between the clean and distortion channels on my Marshall ATV50x 50W Valvestate amp. Do I have to buy a Marshall specific footswitch or is there a generic footswitch that I can buy? To be honest the cheaper the better will do.

Thanks in advance
If its like the switch for my Vox amp, I made one with about 6 bucks in parts from my electronic store and an old metal cigarette tin. lol.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
I imagine an original Marshall footswitch wouldn't be tooo much?
I think you could probably get a hold of any generic footswitch, as long as it has the same amount of channels as the amp.
Should be a Standard Stereo Footswitch right? (Is the connector a Tip/Ring/Sleeve).

very, very easy to wire. There's a few diagrams here on UG that you may be able to find.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Quote by Jonny Ryan Mac
Should be a Standard Stereo Footswitch right? (Is the connector a Tip/Ring/Sleeve).

very, very easy to wire. There's a few diagrams here on UG that you may be able to find.

Thats how the Vox one was. I got 2 latching on/off SPST switches, some cable and a stereo jack. 1 switches goes to tip and sleeve, the other to ring and sleeve. One, you can save money building it. Two, you get experience building something if you never have before and three you can find a cool box around the house to put it in and have a unique foot pedal. For me in Canada, getting a Vox one shipped would have been like 40 bucks. It was way cheaper to build one. lol.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3