Didnt know where to put this so...

I have recently decided on getting a Marshall DSL50 head for gigging. I dont know anything about cabs except that celestions are the most used speakers.

Ive also recently discovered Eminence speakers and have liked the tone of Governors and Man O Wars. The governor is 8ohms and the man o war is also 8ohms. where they differ is the wattage.

My question us this. Could i put both of these in a 2*12 because there would be a 75w and a 120w speaker in the cab. Would this work? if not what speaker could i use instead of the Man o war for complimenting the governor?

Thanks
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Quote by bluestratplayer
yes that will work just make sure the ohms match up to your amp

wouldnt it sound dodgy though?

If it wouldnt work could anyone give me ideas of backup speakers (if i cant or dont get the man o war)? Could i have say a governor and a G12t-75 or should i just get 1 or the other?
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
the wattage rating mostly just means you'll get more speaker breakup from the governer (the one with the lower wattage rating) than the man o war. although I doubt you'll be getting a ton of speaker distortion from either speaker, really

so you're all good
Quote by james4
the wattage rating mostly just means you'll get more speaker breakup from the governer (the one with the lower wattage rating) than the man o war. although I doubt you'll be getting a ton of speaker distortion from either speaker, really

so you're all good

Thanks james4

Ill go find out which cab i should get over on the GG&A forum

Thanks everyone.
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50