they good?
Quote by The_Rooster
Dude its a guitar, not an nuclear weapon...... unless your Chuck Norris.

Quote by RapeStove
That's what she said.

Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavy 25w
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss BF-3
short answer: no
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
good is completely different from one person to the next. my opinion: they try to be something an emg is not, and does ok, but u can get a far better pickup on the passive side of things.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
They are not as bad as people make them out to be, but 50€ for a pickup that is just mediocre is a bit much. As a stock pup on guitars below 500€ they'd be nice enough, but they're hardly something you'd want as an upgrade.
If you want EMG sound that is not the way to go. If you want Passive sound, your still going in the wrong direction. So pretty much no.
well im just wondering cause the guitar i want/mosst likely going to get come with them
Quote by The_Rooster

Quote by RapeStove
That's what she said.

Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavy 25w
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss BF-3
Jackson DXMG
Quote by The_Rooster

Quote by RapeStove
That's what she said.

Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavy 25w
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss BF-3
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Hellraiser-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar?sku=520092 real active EMG tone, no cheapo licensed floyd rose, mahogany body, definetely worth checking out
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
honestly ive played on a few schrecters and did not like them enough to get it and i need a guitar with a tremolo system
Quote by The_Rooster

Quote by RapeStove
That's what she said.

Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavy 25w
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss BF-3
^the knife edges on a lot of those jackson trems go dull in a year or two, and trust me, theres nothing worse than being stuck with a floyd rose that doesnt keep tuning
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Can you explain that in dumbass terms?
Quote by The_Rooster

Quote by RapeStove
That's what she said.

Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavy 25w
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss BF-3
I'd look into ESP LTD 400 series instruments if you want good pups; if a good double locking tremolo is important to you, the Ibanez S470 and S520 are worth a look. If you want good pups and a good trem, I'd look into one of the Ibanez guitars and swap the pups later.
Quote by GuitarLGND
Can you explain that in dumbass terms?

The knife edges are the things the whole tremolo rests on. If they become dull, the trem won't return into it's standard position after you use it, meaning it'll screw up your tuning.

Here, the marked thingies are the knife edges:

Well the pickups don't matter that much to me but couldn't i just replace the floyd?
I mean i played on it a lot of times...probably like every weekend im down there....which is probably why thety all hate me there...but i really like it
Quote by The_Rooster

Quote by RapeStove
That's what she said.

Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavy 25w
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss BF-3
Quote by TheQuailman
The knife edges are the things the whole tremolo rests on. If they become dull, the trem won't return into it's standard position after you use it, meaning it'll screw up your tuning.

Here, the marked thingies are the knife edges:

couldnt i just replace the trem tho?
Quote by The_Rooster

Quote by RapeStove
That's what she said.

Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavy 25w
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss BF-3
i like my HZ's, alot of poeple rag on them cause it's not an 81. Kinda a bandwagon thing i think.

BTW jackson's are badass, a DXMG would be a good choice.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I can't tell whether you can replace the Floyd later or not. Some trems can be swapped for other ones, but I have no idea whether there's aftermarket units that'll be a direct replacement for the DXMG trem. However, a good trem is pretty expensive (usually just as expensive as a new pair of humbuckers, often even more) and if you don't find an aftermarket one that is a direct drop-in replacement, you'll have to start modifying the body, which is tedious to do on your own (and doomed from the very beginning if you're not experienced with wood working) and very pricey if you let a pro do it. Very very pricey.

It's not entirely certain the DXMG trem will crap out on you - but it's rather likely. Chances are it'll work fine for a year or two or maybe even longer, but ultimately I expect it to fail. If you get something with a proper trem like an Ibanez Edge Pro or ZR or an original Floyd, Schaller Floyd or Gotoh Floyd not only will it last you far longer, but there's also replacements that'll drop in without a problem.

It's all about whether you want to take chances or not. I wouldn't, but I'm not you.
Quote by TheQuailman
I can't tell whether you can replace the Floyd later or not. Some trems can be swapped for other ones, but I have no idea whether there's aftermarket units that'll be a direct replacement for the DXMG trem. However, a good trem is pretty expensive (usually just as expensive as a new pair of humbuckers, often even more) and if you don't find an aftermarket one that is a direct drop-in replacement, you'll have to start modifying the body, which is tedious to do on your own (and doomed from the very beginning if you're not experienced with wood working) and very pricey if you let a pro do it. Very very pricey.

It's not entirely certain the DXMG trem will crap out on you - but it's rather likely. Chances are it'll work fine for a year or two or maybe even longer, but ultimately I expect it to fail. If you get something with a proper trem like an Ibanez Edge Pro or ZR or an original Floyd, Schaller Floyd or Gotoh Floyd not only will it last you far longer, but there's also replacements that'll drop in without a problem.

It's all about whether you want to take chances or not. I wouldn't, but I'm not you.

Ok thank you. you sure know your stuff. i bow down to you. but eventually i will get a guitar with ofr
Quote by The_Rooster

Quote by RapeStove
That's what she said.

Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavy 25w
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss BF-3
Get the DXMG, its a great guitar. I have the one with the actives and its just my favorite, I love everything about it. If the LFR f*** up you can replace just that you make the hole in the Knife Edges just a little bigger. The HZ sound good, but they can always sound better.
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight