Hi guys,
I'm thinking of getting a fairly cheap (but not too cheap) 5 string as a back up for my BTB and as a project bass.
One that has really caught my eye is this one:
http://www.rondomusic.com/defiant5bloodb.html

What would the quality be like?
I would be changing the pickups and completely mutliating the electronics anyway, so that isn't an issue.
Also I'm in Australia, dows anyone know if they ship here (and if they do would it be worth it for the price + shipping?)

Thanks
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
would it not be cheaper to get a different bass completely than getting this aswell as new pickups?
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by moody git
would it not be cheaper to get a different bass completely than getting this aswell as new pickups?

Maybe.
To be honest, I'm just after something with good woods and build quality so I can change everything else.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

what pickups are you putting in there?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
as much good stuff as i've heard of rondos agile lineup.. i've yet to hear ANYTHING (good or bad) about their brice lineup
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by the humanity
what pickups are you putting in there?

Not really sure at the moment... I'm considering Bartolinis

Quote by Kivarenn82
as much good stuff as i've heard of rondos agile lineup.. i've yet to hear ANYTHING (good or bad) about their brice lineup

Yeah, same
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Hmmm that pickup route doesnt fit any standard bass pickup, so be aware youll have to change that.
Quote by LordBishek
Vibrators, Schmibrators. They can't ignore my girth.
yeah, I'm kinda resigned to having to hack at it a bit
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Quote by gilly_90
yeah, I'm kinda resigned to having to hack at it a bit

get a different bass. you've never played it, and you'll have to hack out the pup route.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

any suggestions then?
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

well, maybe a few Cort models?
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

There's a couple of interesting corts... but nothing that would be really suited as a project bass. As soon as the good woods come in, there's alreade mk1 pickups and preamp and decent hardware (and it's a bit more than I want to spend)
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

I hear that basses and guitars from rondomusic are great for projects. They have good wood, so I assume they would skimp on the electronics to make them as cheap as they are.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees