Page 1 of 2
So I want you guys to help me compare some of these agile models to some 'main' guitar companies.

I want you to compare :

Agile Reaper Standard : http://www.rondomusic.com/product1389.html with a Jackson or ESP V guitar

Agile Hawker : http://www.rondomusic.com/hawkerblk.html with a Schecter (I think Omen 6 or 7 is a good rival)

Agile AL-2000 : http://www.rondomusic.com/product2710.html
Agile AL-2500 : http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000floyd.html
Agile AL-3000 : http://www.rondomusic.com/al-3000csbplain.html (Obviously compare them to Epiphone LPs and Gibsons)

Agile Valkyrie III : http://www.rondomusic.com/valkyriehc.html (compare them to Epi SG-400s)

Thanks
I AM IMAGINING THE FUTURE WARS... GUITAR WARS, EVERYONE HAS B.C RICH WARLOCKS THAT FIRE BULLETS AS FAST AS HELL.
well, if you want a gibson les paul with a floyd, you'd have to pay about 2000 more than you would for the AL-2500
I've bought a Douglas from Rondo music, and the quality is great.
I suggest you go over to the Agile forums and read there if you want some good info on the Agile brand.
I love agile guitars. The AL 2000's are on par with standard epi, while the 3000 and up are far greater.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
i would avoid guitar with floyds from rondomusic unless you're wiling to replace the floyd.

i got the douglas WT-460 from them and the floyd sucks. i just ave it blocked off and use it like a hardtail. they play and sound really nice tho once you set them up.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Last edited by skwelcher at Nov 26, 2009,
Quote by skwelcher
i would avoid guitar with floyds from rondomusic unless you're wiling to replace the floyd.

have you used one on the AL-2000 series or are you just assuming they are bad?

I recieved an AL-3000 just a few days ago. It is by far supierior to anything esle in it's price range (roughly $400) They are boss, i'm absolutely sure i'll be picking more up, As this 3000 is for my dad.

I've never played a reaper, but if it's anything like the 3000's i'm sure it's pretty good.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I have heard the same thing from other user : Rondomusic's floyd are so so. They are licensed floyd, not the real deal. If you ask me, the weakest point on my AL-3000 was the bridge. The saddle were moving from side to side. It the first thing I have changed. I bought a GOTOH bridge and it made a huge difference. I got more sustain and stability.
Quote by greyman21
dumb post move along sorry....mods delete

http://www.rondomusic.com/as1000bch.html
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by greyman21
dumb post move along sorry....mods delete

Its not a dumb post. I too was wondering about how Agile would stack up against the name brands when I was thinking about purchasing one. Now that I bought one I have no doubts that they are great guitars. If any post here is dumb, its yours.
Quote by Matt420740
Its not a dumb post. I too was wondering about how Agile would stack up against the name brands when I was thinking about purchasing one. Now that I bought one I have no doubts that they are great guitars. If any post here is dumb, its yours.

he posted a question and then deleted it, he wasn't saying this thread is stupid.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by Gundamnitpete
he posted a question and then deleted it, he wasn't saying this thread is stupid.

I understand now, I didn't see his original post. The way it is now it looks like he is saying this is stupid, so maybe he should delete that post as well.
Last edited by Matt420740 at Nov 26, 2009,
A decent floyd only costs over 200$, so you can imagine the quality of those guitars. I'd take a hardtail if you dont want to spend 500$ or more.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Nov 26, 2009,
Thanks for the replies guys! I was wondering if any of you have tried or owned or currently owns an Agile Valkyrie III.
I AM IMAGINING THE FUTURE WARS... GUITAR WARS, EVERYONE HAS B.C RICH WARLOCKS THAT FIRE BULLETS AS FAST AS HELL.
Quote by Symtex
I found a pretty decent video on the AL-2000 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAo4JzVn-G4 not bad for 200$.

plays great for $200 IMO
Last edited by Sniperguitar at Nov 26, 2009,
I'm gassing pretty bad for an AL-3100 in white right now.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
my Agile 3000 is prolly the nicest guitar i've ever played for under $500.

it is absolutely awesome.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
I think the Rondomusic.com website is fairly flawed, but the guitars are pretty awesome for the price.
My friend has got an Agile Valkyrie III and an Epi-SG400s and he says he prefers the Agile because of the nice sound he can get out of it.

OFFTOPIC : Anyone of you tried a Douglas or an SX from rondomusic? How do they play?
Comparing Agiles to Jackson and ESP it like comparig apples to oranges. Weather people want to admit it or not the guitars from Rondo and Guitar Fetish are about as low end as you can get. If you are wanting an inexpensive guitar look at the used market. There are great bargains to be had out there now. And remember just because a guitar LOOKS cool does not mean it will suite your needs/desires. The only way to buy a guitar is to try before you buy it inless you are willing to risk spending money on something that might look nice but feels like a turd in your hands. Also why take the opinion of some bozo on the internet(including me) on what will suite your needs. Go forth young padwon and play everything you can get your hands on until you find a guitar that "speaks" to you.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Bhaok
Comparing Agiles to Jackson and ESP it like comparig apples to oranges. Weather people want to admit it or not the guitars from Rondo and Guitar Fetish are about as low end as you can get. If you are wanting an inexpensive guitar look at the used market. There are great bargains to be had out there now. And remember just because a guitar LOOKS cool does not mean it will suite your needs/desires. The only way to buy a guitar is to try before you buy it inless you are willing to risk spending money on something that might look nice but feels like a turd in your hands. Also why take the opinion of some bozo on the internet(including me) on what will suite your needs. Go forth young padwon and play everything you can get your hands on until you find a guitar that "speaks" to you.

obviously you've never played one. I've never played a GFS guitar, but I own an agile 3000 and i WILL tell you, aside from my Alexi-600, It blows of other guitars out of the water in terms of playability and build qaulity.

As i stated in this thread, you will not find a better guitar for $385

they are not low end, you obviously haven't played a AL-3000
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by Gundamnitpete
obviously you've never played one. I've never played a GFS guitar, but I own an agile 3000 and i WILL tell you, aside from my Alexi-600, It blows of other guitars out of the water in terms of playability and build qaulity.

As i stated in this thread, you will not find a better guitar for $385

they are not low end, you obviously haven't played a AL-3000

You are so right. I brought my Al-3000 to a few musician friend and they were all impress with the build quality and sound. Heck even the AL-2000 with a little TLC is better then any epiphone.
i jizzed in my pants when i opened the case.

for anyone lurking, the 3000 series are high qaulity guitars!

The 2000's are good aswell, but the quality isn't as good as the 3000 (still about as good if not better than an epi, and only $200!!)
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by Bhaok
The only way to buy a guitar is to try before you buy it

...and you are giving your opinion on a guitar you obviously have not tried. Thank you for your thoughts though, we know who not to listen to when it comes to thoughts on Agile guitars.
It sounds weird but the biggest issue with the Agile brand has is the price is too low. It not taken seriously. They pack a serious punch in both quality/sound. I spent 700$ on an epiphone ultra. That's the higher end model and it doesn't even come close to being as good as my Agile Al-3000. Even with my Gibson '57 classic pups upgrade.

I can only imagine what a AL-3000M (3/4" maple top) would be like. I am done with Epiphone.
Quote by Symtex
It sounds weird but the biggest issue with the Agile brand has is the price is too low. It not taken seriously. They pack a serious punch in both quality/sound. I spent 700$ on an epiphone ultra. That's the higher end model and it doesn't even come close to being as good as my Agile Al-3000. Even with my Gibson '57 classic pups upgrade.

I can only imagine what a AL-3000M (3/4" maple top) would be like. I am done with Epiphone.

I guess the price is low because they're a 'copy' brand (as in they make copies) and to increase sales
Quote by I am the Devil
I guess the price is low because they're a 'copy' brand (as in they make copies) and to increase sales

Instrument manufacturer has convince the music community that you cannot buy a good guitar below 2000$. It in anchor in our brain that the price of acquisition is proportionally equals to the quality of the instruments. I think that Made in Korea guitar as broke that vicious circle. They are coming out with quality instrument at very aggressive pricing. They are very good out of the box and great for modding project.
Quote by Symtex
They are very good out of the box and great for modding project.

This is a great reason to pick one up as soon as possible before demand and pricing goes through the roof. ESP started out making guitars this affordable, now they have a great reputation and demand is high.

I spent maybe an hour playing an Agile Dauntless today at a shop and it was just so fluid. Here in a month or so I'll be getting myself one.
Well out of some of the 3000/3100's iv played I can honestly say they CAN compare to gibson with maybe some new pickups and a correct setup. They are amazing. Ovbliously Gibsons have their better qualaties such as better hardware, Value barely drops over the years if not increases. This applies towards just about all Agiles that for the money they are great. I still have yet to try the reaper or the hawker which im really wanting. hope this helps.
Quote by beatnik25
This is a great reason to pick one up as soon as possible before demand and pricing goes through the roof. ESP started out making guitars this affordable, now they have a great reputation and demand is high.

I spent maybe an hour playing an Agile Dauntless today at a shop and it was just so fluid. Here in a month or so I'll be getting myself one.

Oh Yeah, I got an Dauntless last night. It compliments well my AL-3000 GT P90. My Epi ultra has been on Craiglist for the past few days. No point in holding on to the epi since i got my Agile.
Actually I have played a couple agiles and I stand by my opinion that they are low end trash.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Bhaok
Actually I have played a couple agiles and I stand by my opinion that they are low end trash.

sure you did sweetheart
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by Gundamnitpete
sure you did sweetheart
I'm actually kinda with him. Though I only tried one, and even playing five won't give you a solid idea what QC is actually like.

The guitar I bought from Rondo was an AL-2000, about two years ago. The photo showed a guitar with a finish very much like what you get on one of those Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Tops finished in that trans-blue. What I got was some teal guitar with a crooked neck pickup. The rout for the neck pup had actually been made crooked. I also wasn't really blown away by how it played, surprising for what I'd read about Agile at the time. But on thinking back it played about as well as any $600 Epiphone I've ever picked up.

and I'm still gassing for that 3100 in white. There's a guitar I'd sink a little money into if need-be.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
I'm actually kinda with him. Though I only tried one, and even playing five won't give you a solid idea what QC is actually like.

The guitar I bought from Rondo was an AL-2000, about two years ago. The photo showed a guitar with a finish very much like what you get on one of those Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Tops finished in that trans-blue. What I got was some teal guitar with a crooked neck pickup. The rout for the neck pup had actually been made crooked. I also wasn't really blown away by how it played, surprising for what I'd read about Agile at the time. But on thinking back it played about as well as any $600 Epiphone I've ever picked up.

and I'm still gassing for that 3100 in white. There's a guitar I'd sink a little money into if need-be.

I think you are very close to the truth with the Al-2000. I got one this week and they much closer to the epiphone standard series. Altough mine didn't have any of the finish/pups issue that youa re referring too.

The 3000 series is an whole different ball game. I think you will be very surprise of how much difference between the 2. If you can save a little more get the 3000M with the 3/4 inch maple top. It incredible.
Quote by Symtex
I think you are very close to the truth with the Al-2000. I got one this week and they much closer to the epiphone standard series. Altough mine didn't have any of the finish/pups issue that youa re referring too.
I'd never try and compare any Agile to a Gibson. Of course, that's only because I find nitro-finished guitars feel so vastly different to poly-finished.

Quote by Symtex
The 3000 series is a whole different ball game. I think you will be very surprise of how much difference between the 2. If you can save a little more get the 3000M with the 3/4 inch maple top. It incredible.
AL-3000 = Abalone inlays. No matter how good the guitar sounds I just couldn't live with Abalone.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Quote by ch0

If you compare that AL-2000 to anything other guitar in it's price range ($200), i think you'll agree that it's the best bang for it's buck.

The AL-3000's are jems of the agile line. I still standby my original statement of them being better than any other guitar i've played in the $500 pricerange.

they just released an Agile 3100 with a floyd rose. God i want it....i shouldn't buy it, but i have a feeling i'm not going to be able to resist for long....
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Last edited by Gundamnitpete at Nov 28, 2009,
Quote by ch0

AL-3000 = Abalone inlays. No matter how good the guitar sounds I just couldn't live with Abalone.

I hear you. Too bad they don't make 3100M or 3000M with MOP. You could always wait for the custom shop to open.
Page 1 of 2