Hi

Which do you think is best?

I want a good delay, but I also want a good looper. The Hardwire as a 20 Second loop but the Boss has a 40 Second Loop. Should I go for the Boss?

Also, I just want the looper so I can just practice jamming - not for live situations. So should I still go for a Delay/Looper rather than a looper? (The delay feature is still quite important too)

Thanks.
Quote by Darkflame
hardwire has better bypass though, and probably a better tone
try them both and see which one you like the best, the 20 seconds should be enough honestly

Thanks.

Anyone Else?
I saw the post you left on my profile, but I'll leave my reply in your thread.

20 seconds has always been more than enough for me. Sometimes I'll lay down a chord progression with a clean tone, then switch to a slightly dirty sound and play the same chord progression over top. I've never ran out of loop time and that's been with, on occasion, 4 different signals being looped.

Apart from the looper function the DL-8 has some really good sounding delay settings. I'm particularly fond of it's analog and tape emulations.

The DL-8 can also give you either true bypass, or a buffer that's superior to the one on any regular Boss pedals.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
If you want a looper, get a looper not a delay.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
I agree with all the posts about the dl-8. However, I think the tap tempo function on the dd-7 is invaluable.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
The DL-8 has tap tempo too (hold down the switch for two seconds) but it could use an external tap tempo.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by ch0
I saw the post you left on my profile, but I'll leave my reply in your thread.

20 seconds has always been more than enough for me. Sometimes I'll lay down a chord progression with a clean tone, then switch to a slightly dirty sound and play the same chord progression over top. I've never ran out of loop time and that's been with, on occasion, 4 different signals being looped.

Apart from the looper function the DL-8 has some really good sounding delay settings. I'm particularly fond of it's analog and tape emulations.

The DL-8 can also give you either true bypass, or a buffer that's superior to the one on any regular Boss pedals.

Thankyou.
DL8.

I own a few HardWire pedal's currently and I absolutely love'em, definitely better than boss.

If you really just want a quality looper you should consider the Digitech Jamman. I just got one and it's fantastic, can be had in the $150-$200 range if you look around.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I haven't tried the DL8, but I'm not a fan of the DD-6's delay. I like warmer, more analog sounding delays, though.

Line 6 Echo Park!!

Quote by Raijouta
The DL-8 has tap tempo too (hold down the switch for two seconds) but it could use an external tap tempo.

Look up!
It has Tap Tempo on the FLY!

No i am not a line 6 salesman.

Although TS, if you can save up for it...a DL 4 would do well.
It's delays are way better than the DD-7 and the DL-8.
Last edited by unet at Nov 28, 2009,
Quote by unet
Line 6 Echo Park!!

Look up!
It has Tap Tempo on the FLY!

No i am not a line 6 salesman.

It's too expensive, and too big for me. Portability is quite important for me aswell.

It's so ugly too
^the tones it's got make up for it, definitely

and i actually find it good looking lol

on a side note, i played a gig yesterday, and the last band of the night's guitarist was playing into a jcm 2000, and he had 6 boss pedals in chain... he had quite a generic lifeless tone... another reason to hate boss =)
Quote by unet
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0

Yes, what?

Quote by The Chimney Man
It's too expensive, and too big for me. Portability is quite important for me aswell.

It's so ugly too

I didn't like the DD-7 personally.

The Hardwire was nice enough. I seriously suggest you try them both out side by side and see which you lke better.

Make sure you try out all the sims....analog, tape, whatever.
Quote by forsaknazrael
No, I know how to fix a messed up link.

I was just poking fun at him.

I figured.

I love this thing though:
Quote by forsaknazrael
Open a broken link? Nope.

Hey, hate the paste shortcut, not the person too lazy to right-click.
Another echo park vote from me!

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details