I am trying to learn james' part of master of puppets. I can play the whole part except for the second riff. I mean last riff before the verse riff. The one with the palm muted 0-1 the whole time.
And it is one of my favourite riffs so it really sucks that I cant play it. I've been practing the riff for a while now but still can't play it. My wrist seems to block when i try the 0-1 part on full speed. Does anyone got any tips or techniques they use to make it a bit easier. offcourse I am only downstroking.
I am gonna practice it now again.
Last edited by Joowst at Nov 26, 2009,
Just take it slow. It's exciting to play cool riffs like that, and it seems lame to have to slow them down, but that what you gotta do when getting used to new motions.

You'll get it, though!
Thats a tough little lick unless your used to fast downpicking and muting. As the other guy above said, take it slow. Don't try to play it at full speed. Slow it down until you can play it perfectly, then slowly speed up. Eventually you'll be playing it at full speed.
Quote by chrisweyers
Just take it slow. It's exciting to play cool riffs like that, and it seems lame to have to slow them down, but that what you gotta do when getting used to new motions.

You'll get it, though!

+1
[img]http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/10/24/633604588429325324-annoyance.jpg[/img]

Billy Mays is definitely gonna give me nightmares now.

Quote by xxGUITARZER0xx
honestly no

but i just did the pallet town theme song cause someone wanted that

Quote by speakers
all of the above
Are you talking about the crunchy 0-1 (2 on a) 0-1 (3 on a), 0-1, (4 on a) 0-1 (2-2 on a)part? If so, yeah thats a tough part and after about 2 months of practicing it everyday I can finally play it up to speed most of the time. Practice! Practice!! DON'T forget to mute it with your right hand too. That little riff makes a great finger dexterity/finger independence exercise. Good luck!!!
My Gear:

B.C. Rich Warlock Bronze Series
Jackson Performer 6
Peavey Vypyr 30
Sanpera II
Last edited by d4man at Nov 26, 2009,
I think most people have found that riff excruciating to learn!

Don't give up!
Guthrie Govan = Guitar Genius
Keep trying, it's a insanely fast riff, took me a little while to learn and a while to get up to speed cleanly, you'll get there! it's not one of those riff's you can just look at and play no matter how long you have been playing guitar. But when you do get it it's fun! lol
http://www.youtube.com/user/heavymetal1110
My youtube channel

Epiphone Korina explorer, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez GSA60, Ibanez AEG25
The amp: Bugera 1990
Pedals: Ibanez Tubescreamer,wylde od, wylde wah, Tc electronic g major,
its not a tough riff IF you keep your wrists loose. make sure you don't tense up- its a speed killer
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Quote by jordanzio
its not a tough riff IF you keep your wrists loose. make sure you don't tense up- its a speed killer

What the hell's your idea of a tough riff?
Call me Batman.