I put this in the pit because it really doesnt matter, and it needs pit peoples creativity.

If you had unlimited cash, and had to make the best recording studio you could, what would you put in there?
You know, like different mics and such
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.
-Jim Morrison
Everything.

What, I have unlimited cash, don't I?

And I don't know if this is a "Fantasize about what you'd do" or a legitimate query. If it is a real query, it's probably better in the Recording forum
🙈 🙉 🙊
Last edited by entity0009 at Nov 26, 2009,
100 mics, 100 mic-pres, 100 guitar amps, 100 bass amps, 100 DI boxes, a bunch of daisy-chained interfaces, a Mac, a giant hard drive, a few great cameras, 70 guitars, 70 basses, 70 acoustics, two drumsets, an electronic drumset, 6 monitors, and some great furniture.
Quote by Alex Vik
100 mics, 100 mic-pres, 100 guitar amps, 100 bass amps, 100 DI boxes, a bunch of daisy-chained interfaces, a Mac, a giant hard drive, a few great cameras, 70 guitars, 70 basses, 70 acoustics, two drumsets, an electronic drumset, 6 monitors, and some great furniture.

Sums it up pretty nicely.

I'd have 10 of every kind of thing, so I can throw the other 9 because they pissed me off.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by Alex Vik

and a Pizza.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
I'd focus on the workstation first:

Pro Tools C24 mixer
4 linked Mac Pro 2x3.0GHz Quads
1 NEC 45" LCD wall mounted
2 24" LCD's with Ergotron desk mount arms
Patch Bays
MOTU MIDI Timepiece
2 Pro Tools HD 192 Sync I/O's

Most of the systems above will be rack mounted in a giant workstation table, except the Macs which would be in a separate isolated rack booth along with various effect racks.

M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 will control most MIDI applications.

Various monitors in the near and far fields.

Control room will be treated with Auralex panels.

The recording room will obviously have monitors, an LCD, iso booth, a lot of mics, headphones, cables, and a Beckstein acoustic grand. No instrumental amplifiers.

Programs:
Logic Pro, Pro Tools HD, Reason, Akoustik Piano, Guitar Rig, Kontakt, the whole Native Instruments bundle, EWQL Symphonic Orchestra samples, Sibelius, and a lot of mastering plug-ins from Wave and convolution reverb from Altiverb.

A pretty modest studio set-up actually, but I'm not an engineer so this is more than enough for my needs.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
id buy all the recording studios in the world buy out the worlds biggest buliding and just fit as much of the stuff from the studios in there as i can plus also tons of instruments and a kitchen with a personal cook

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Thanks a bunch. It was all theoretical. Infact, it was for a project. The specific things were helpful
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.
-Jim Morrison