hi me and my dad have been building a jaguar project and its coming along pretty good, we have the body and neck made well all the neck apart from the fretboard and weve started buying parts for it, weve just received a bridge and a set of pick ups,first question:
on inspection the shaft on the bridge is to small for the thimbles is there meant to be springs in the thimbles or something along them lines?
second question:
Are the pickups spring assisted? or what helps them go up and down?
Wanna know what gear i have? check my profile
Black Beauty Owners Group
Muddy Waters invented electricity

Paul Kossoff = Genius
Pickups generally have a spring between the pickguard and the pickup to keep them up, unless you screw them into the wood, when they will have a spring between the wood and the pickup.

I straight up have no idea what you're talking about on the bridge. What kind is it? (might be helpful to have actual pics or a website where you got it from)
thats what we thought but there is no screwholes in the pickguard where the pick ups go, and its just a bog standard jaguar bridge ill get pics up later if i can, i bought it off ebay

Paul Kossoff = Genius
On my jag theres foam underneath the pickups to keep em up. No springs. Pickups are mounted into the body.

The bridge is supposed to have a loose fit, its supposed to rock with the tremelo, the strings hold in on.
thanks becky, do you have any problems with your bridge? because to me it seems daft having a bridge that moves

Paul Kossoff = Genius
Not at all. It works fine. but if its the standard jag bridge you may want to change the saddles for mustang saddles/graphtechs, the groves in the regular jaguar saddles aren't deep enough and cause the strings to pop out with some mildy agressive playing, nothing to do with the bridge moving though.