Would this look ok to use in a hard rock group?? I mean, I'm not playing metal, and it looks like it would fit more into a metal setting. I LOVE this bass, however, because I played it recently and it's great!! I just dont want to look like an idiot.

I.E. Think of a a band with musical styles including Alice in Chains(Only a 3 piece), QOTSA, and KISS(without makeup and rediculousness, but WITH Gene Simmons's cool basslines)

Well, if Ox could do it (using an explorer in a none metal band). I mean, I use a Dean Demonator in a hard/modern rock group (think Shinedown & Alter Bridge), although, personally I'd save up abit more to get something abit more high end (although, that is hard with explorer style basses).
Quote by higgins666
Well, if Ox could do it (using an explorer in a none metal band). I mean, I use a Dean Demonator in a hard/modern rock group (think Shinedown & Alter Bridge), although, personally I'd save up abit more to get something abit more high end (although, that is hard with explorer style basses).

Yeah, that's me, modern rock/classic rock fusion 3 piece, Incubus, etc.

However, I must say, I tried the ESP Ex104 and it felt rather high end to me.
Yo dude i bought this bass about 2 weeks ago and in terms of playability and sound i would really recommend it! Brilliant pups on it and they produce a pretty thunderous sound even on my crappy 15watt no brand amp. Of course you could always change 'em to EMG's if you wanted to upgrade, seeing as the shape is pretty rare.
If you think this bass might not suit your band then let me tell you about the band i'm in. I'm a metalhead on bass with this thing whilst the other two guys are more into the whole acoustic thing playing slow songs and whatnot. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it could be worse...right?