Well ive been trying to decide what tube amp to get for about 5 months now and cant make a decision and im getting lost for ideas. I have i budget of up to £350 and would like something that is suitable for gigging without micing up. Ive looked into the bugera v55 and that seems to be the most suitable right now but id like to ask to see if there are any better options?

Thanks, lewis

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
yeah, we need to know what types of music you play. do you need multiple channels? cleans at gig volumes? etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i play mainly rock and sometimes some metal. I had looked at the valveking before but dont the speakers sound bad?

edit: i would prefer 2 channels really and cleans are greatly important.

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
Quote by lewisg1
i play mainly rock and sometimes some metal. I had looked at the valveking before but dont the speakers sound bad?

edit: i would prefer 2 channels really and cleans are greatly important.

If you want good headroom at high volumes, then you need to look for a tube amp with at least 50-100 watts. And even then, some amps just don't have a lot of headroom with high volume. To be honest with your budget your gonna have trouble finding a 2 channel tube amp thats gig worthy without being mic'ed.
well its really only going to be small gigs for now and i also need to keep in mind im gonna be using this at home as well.

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
what do you mean by rock and metal?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what do you mean by rock and metal?

AC/DC, iron maiden(a lot), wolfmother, RHCP, metallica, BFMV. some other similar bands

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
Quote by lewisg1
AC/DC, iron maiden(a lot), wolfmother, RHCP, metallica, BFMV. some other similar bands

If you can save up some more money a JCM800 2210 sounds like it would suit you perfectly. Unless you have to have a combo.
Quote by Matt420740
If you can save up some more money a JCM800 2210 sounds like it would suit you perfectly. Unless you have to have a combo.

What wattage are these? and where can i get one, i googled and didnt see anywhere to buy 1 or the price?

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
Quote by lewisg1

thanks. how important are the metallica and bfmv tones? there are several amps which'll do the other bands you mentioned very well (e.g. laney vc30, peavey classic 30), but they won't do the heavy stuff as well. Likewise, the amps which'll do the heavy stuff better won't do the lighter stuff as well.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well i suppose the rock is more important and i could always use a metal pedal to achieve the heavier tones. IVe tried the vc15 but didnt think much to it really, it seemed to lack the tone that other amps have, would the 30 be very differant? and the peavey classic ive heard of but not acctually seen yet.

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
Quote by Matt420740

i checked this out, its gonna cost way to much and is too ig for using in a bedroom

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
Quote by lewisg1
i checked this out, its gonna cost way to much and is too ig for using in a bedroom

So what do you want? An amp that you can gig with without mic'ing as you said in your original post, or a bedroom amp?
Quote by Matt420740
So what do you want? An amp that you can gig with without mic'ing as you said in your original post, or a bedroom amp?

well it really would be good if it was ok for both, the gigs would only be small so it wouldnt have to be crazy loud but id also like to be able to turn it down to a reasonable bedroom volume.

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
Quote by lewisg1
well i suppose the rock is more important and i could always use a metal pedal to achieve the heavier tones. IVe tried the vc15 but didnt think much to it really, it seemed to lack the tone that other amps have, would the 30 be very differant? and the peavey classic ive heard of but not acctually seen yet.

i thought the 30 sounded noticeably better, but you'd need to try it to make sure that you just don't get along with the voicing of the amp.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The V55 will cover the rock stuff well, but I'm not sure about the metal, considering they're not br00t4l amps in the slightest.

Maybe if you run an EQ in the loop and an OD in front, it'd get there.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
thanks for all the help, i think im gonna go with the bugera. Seems to be good enough for me and il just use my pedals to achieve metal settings when i need them.

Thanks, lewis

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
Quote by Dave_Mc
i thought the 30 sounded noticeably better, but you'd need to try it to make sure that you just don't get along with the voicing of the amp.

Agreed. I think it's the tiny little cab - I'd like to hear one plugged into a good 2x12! I love the VC30 though.
Quote by kyle62
Agreed. I think it's the tiny little cab - I'd like to hear one plugged into a good 2x12! I love the VC30 though.

yeah, that's what i thought when i tried it, too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
er... you read what he said in post #4, right?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?