One of my friend want to sell me a crate blue voodoo 60 combo amp for 300$ . Should i go for it? I wonder if it's play's metal whit out a pedal, if not witch pedal would sound metallicishhhh through that amp. Any idea. I play bedroom and garage.
it's a great amp and it's really good for mods.

any pedal that will give you more gain (OD/compressor/boost) will push the amp into haveier territory. but it's pretty nice all by itself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enVbP9H_aiQ
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I got to try a 120 head the other day. I was actually really impressed, they sound pretty bitchin.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
It can do metal. That's a good price. They were overpriced new.
You can get a metallicaish sound without a pedal.
I could get a good death metal sound with an OD. VERY noisy though.
/rig
Last edited by mespinos at Nov 26, 2009,
my friend plays metal and shred on it. i was very impressed by its sound, did not expect it to sound that good. he runs it through a marshal cab. sometimes gooses it with an MXR dynacomp and an OCD or TS-808. sounds great with or without the pedals.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Im reading that there was lot's of lemon out there for this amp. the tube are A1 and it's sound's good. Some advice to prevent a lemon issue ?
Quote by fabsi
Im reading that there was lot's of lemon out there for this amp. the tube are A1 and it's sound's good. Some advice to prevent a lemon issue ?

when people start claiming that a manufactuere puts out lemons, i find it more of the user's fault.
exampl: some guy i know was complaining about how his Randall G3 was always breaking, so i told him to bring it to the show we were both playing early so i could look at it. when he brought it to the show, he litterally threw it across the stage and i watched it roll twice. then, when he plugged it in and the sound kept cutting in and out, he dropped this jem:

"I just can't figure out what's wrong with it"

Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
finally i bought it for 250$. I thing it's a 1997 combo and it's sound so heavy lol, very very very happy, it has that crispy crunch sound that i was looking for ( maybe it's the 6l6's) that give that crispy sound though and lot's of sustain at high volume amazing, never thought to buy a crate lol, well this one worth the money even twice. He sold me a plextortion boutique pedal that give you that marshall jcm 800, for 120$. Now i just need to replace the speakers though, i always wanted a celestion vintage 30. thanks for the help
Last edited by fabsi at Dec 3, 2009,
Quote by fabsi
finally i bought it for 250$. I thing it's a 1997 combo and it's sound so heavy lol, very very very happy, it has that crispy crunch sound that i was looking for ( maybe it's the 6l6's) that give that crispy sound though and lot's of sustain at high volume amazing, never thought to buy a crate lol, well this one worth the money even twice. He sold me a plextortion boutique pedal that give you that marshall jcm 800, for 120$. Now i just need to replace the speakers though, i always wanted a celestion vintage 30. thanks for the help

Congrats!

V30s should sound great with it too.
Quote by fabsi

You mean the Wampler Plextortion? nice! Too bad I can't find Blue Voodoos around here

get a NAD thread up
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp