I'm currently thinking about buying a new amp and im unsure whether to buy an amp head, (probably the peavey 6505) or something like a valveking 112. Would I achieve the 6505's full potential in an apartment or would it be better to get a valveking 112.
I'm using my 6505+ in an apartment. Neighbors next door and below.

Am I using it to its fullest potential? Definitely not.

Am I getting a great tone out of it regardless? Yes, much better than my old amps.

Some people make way too big of a deal about using a high-wattage amp (whether it's a high-wattage combo or a head/cab) in a bedroom or apartment. I've rarely had the amp above 2 at home but I still think it's more than worth it.

It all comes down to what you want. The way I see it, it sounds great at low volumes for what I play (metal/metalcore that emphasize preamp gain), and I have plenty of power should I take it out for jamming/gigging.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by Metal_Murderer
I'm currently thinking about buying a new amp and im unsure whether to buy an amp head, (probably the peavey 6505) or something like a valveking 112. Would I achieve the 6505's full potential in an apartment or would it be better to get a valveking 112.

if you're really worried about the sound, get an isolation cabinet.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
if you're really worried about the sound, get an isolation cabinet.

this.

You won't use a 6505 to it's fullest potential, but you can still get great tone. Having a master volume or lower wattage modes helps.
/rig