happy thanksgiving, etc.

is there a good way to jam with a buddy over the net, preferably something with less lag and higher quality than a webcam chat? he has an audio interface and i was thinking...there's gotta be some program that can directly take that audio signal and stream it to me in real time, right? surely somebody has realized the awesomeness of that?

this isn't a replacement for meeting up to jam, it's just that we're done with high school and are going to different colleges.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
There are a few sites out there but most dont even work too well as you cant get real time audio over the internet.

I suggest signing up for Indaba Music. It's not real time but you use a java based system to record and work together.

http://www.indabamusic.com/community

It is by far the best site I know of for this type of work.
ninjam. by the same guys that do reaper i think

its tricky tho. i can't quite explain how it works, but you have to be good with a metronome.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
There can't be realtime because packets take time to travel.

@Kiv: Ninjam sounds pretty cool. It's actually what I thought it would be. You actually play with latency, and each of you plays a measure late, but there's no delay because it syncs it up with what you're playing. You do have to be very good at staying in time though.
Quote by moody07747
There are a few sites out there but most dont even work too well as you cant get real time audio over the internet.

I suggest signing up for Indaba Music. It's not real time but you use a java based system to record and work together.

http://www.indabamusic.com/community

It is by far the best site I know of for this type of work.

This looks cool, but it's saying it can't load the java mixer recorder thing, know why?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by tr3nt
This looks cool, but it's saying it can't load the java mixer recorder thing, know why?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Java? Or maybe try a different browser; I just pulled up their help page in Opera and the formatting's pretty funky, so it's a safe bet they aren't up to speed on coding for alternative browsers.