so i have booked my self in for a theory teacher for monday and that will be a weekly appointment

anyways i thought i would just try and figure out some chord construction for my self ?

please correct anything if im wrong, but do it in detail please

so if i were to want to know what the chords are in the key of, G major

so i found a G (third fret, low E string) and used a scale of

D:-----------------2----4-----5
A:------2-----3-----5---------
E:-3----5---------------------

and then worked out what the notes are, which are G A B C D E F# G

and then i put this patten of that: major, minor, minor, major, major, minor, diminished.

so the chords in a key of G are g major, a minor, b minor, c major, d major, e minor, f# diminished.

then to make the chord i got the root note, major 3rd, and perfect 5?

this all this correct?

oh and please add me if you would like to help me further, b-laz-e@hotmail.com
better shred than dead
Last edited by shredda2084 at Nov 26, 2009,
Pretty much right, a major chord is root, major third fifth. A minor chord has a minor third instead, and a diminished chord has both a minor third and a diminished fifth (a half step lower).
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.
seems you got a good grip on it, except say that triads (three note chords) are made of a root, a third, and a fifth. its type of third and fifth is what gives it its name. A root, major third, and perfect fifth is a major chord, root + minor third+perfect fifth is minor chord. root + minor third+diminished fifth is a diminished chord, and root + major third+ augmented fifth is an augmented chord. but yeah, you seem to have a good idea
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by Zinnie
seems you got a good grip on it, except say that triads (three note chords) are made of a root, a third, and a fifth. its type of third and fifth is what gives it its name. A root, major third, and perfect fifth is a major chord, root + minor third+perfect fifth is minor chord. root + minor third+diminished fifth is a diminished chord, and root + major third+ augmented fifth is an augmented chord. but yeah, you seem to have a good idea

thank you, those extra little tips have helped a lot, thank you
better shred than dead