This is a song that I wrote for my girlfriend after there was a bump in the relationship. You can probably guess with the lyrics what happened maybe. But anyway, this is the first song I've ever sang in a recording, I know I'm not good. I don't really sing much honestly. Crit on whatever you want. Let me know what you think . I'll C4C.

It's on my profile called "Come Back To Me."

I'm very curious to see how my singing is. I've never sang in front of anyone except my gf before. If you could say at least one thing on my singing, that would be very nice of you (critical or not).
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Any chick that can dance with a walrus to Michael Jackson songs is hot in my book.
Your singing sounded really nice to me, especially before the distorted guitars hit in. However when you tried to sing a bit "harder" at the end, it didn't work out that well. It wasn't bad but could use some work. You definitely have a nice voice that you can train to make it even better.

The song itself worked just fine. The distorted guitar tone was maybe a bit too harsh for such a slow, soft song.
Thanks for the crit, I appreciate it! When I tried to sing harder, did I start to get off pitch, or did it just have a weird tone to it?
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Any chick that can dance with a walrus to Michael Jackson songs is hot in my book.
It was the tone. When you were singing softer you had a more colorful tone and when you tried to sing harder it just started sounding more bland to me. I don't know how loud you were actually singing, but if you did have some headroom left, you might want to try singing louder when you want to sound heavier. I'm no expert on singing though, so someone else can probably give you better input on that.
This has been autotuned at places broski, you can hear the modulation.
Ya I tried to get this effect I've been asking about.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1236288
But I couldn't really get it. I didn't autotune the whole song if that's what you're trying to say. There's places where I mess up and you can still hear. I tried for the effect on certain parts, but failed lol. I tried to get rid of most of it, guess I didn't. If anyone can help me get the effect I'm trying to get btw, it would be helpful .
Quote by Rockford_rocks