So I'm thinking of buying my second guitar, and I've already tried the model V-200 from Ltd.. It had a great tone, imo it's ****ing beautiful and I've adapted pretty rappidly to it..

As I play mostly Metal, I'd like to know what do you think about this guitar? In the store I went, it costed 500 €.. In this price range, is there anything that you recommend more that the Ltd I've tried? (it just has to be a Flying-V, as I'm more comfortable with these while playing on foot)

Also, I'm using the (rather shitty, imo) amp that came with my current ESP M-10, the ESP 10.. Along with buying a new guitar, should I also upgrade my amp?
ive played it before. its a great axe. And V comfy. ahh did u c wut i did there?
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
If your ganna get a new guitar get the v-401. It has everything about the v-200 you like but even better.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Yeah, I'm considering buying the Ltd-401, as it is like an upgraded version of the -200..

Also, what amp do you recommend buying? Is there any label in particular that makes goods amps for Metal? I heard that the Line 6 ones were good..
Quote by Situacao
Yeah, I'm considering buying the Ltd-401, as it is like an upgraded version of the -200..

Also, what amp do you recommend buying? Is there any label in particular that makes goods amps for Metal? I heard that the Line 6 ones were good..

Yes, Line 6 amps are very good. Especially their Spider Series. Loads better than those Vetta pieces of crap. Plus, they have this Insane channel that'll make you wonder why you'd ever need to buy a new amp again. Seriously, go get one now. Get a Full Stack one if you can.
Quote by willT08
Yes, Line 6 amps are very good. Especially their Spider Series. Loads better than those Vetta pieces of crap. Plus, they have this Insane channel that'll make you wonder why you'd ever need to buy a new amp again. Seriously, go get one now. Get a Full Stack one if you can.

Spiders sound so digital tho they aint good either when you can find some beasts out there.
Whats your budget on the amp would be a start tho. but stay away fro L6 gear it tends to sound digital and not be great ( i know from practicing on a LowDown with a Pbass and a spider III with my mates Epi Sg )
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Quote by willT08

Situacao, ^this man is just letting us know how shitty he feels about himself. I do apologize, i hope he gets the attention he craves.

To answer your amp question, the line 6 spider series are generally regarded pretty low around here, they have a mid section that VERY hard to get rid of and sound very "digital".

They might be appealing to a beginner, because of all the presets, but do not be fooled, you can get more versitile and better sounding amps for the money.

I reccomended a Roland Cube, or Peavy vypyr, both are excellent choices.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Get a Roland Cube! Right amp for the money, i wish i still had one
Gear:

• ESP LTD SC 207
  • Washburn X200 PRO E
  • Squier Strat (in bits LOL)
  • Line 6 Toneport ux1
Quote by willT08
Guys, it was a joke. Good job on catching on.

i realize that, but i doubt this guy did. i'd hate to have him buy an amp based on sarcasm
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Ha, I was in an assy mood earlier. Anyway, surely he could get a 6262 combo for that price? That's what i'm planning on doing.
yep, i got mine out the door for $500 brand new.

it's pretty versitile, i can get alot of good tones from it.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERrDZ9S56dk
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
I've seen some videos of the amps you stated, and the Peavey Vypyr really blew my mind.. There's enormous diversity and, since it's all customizable, I may spend more time playing with the effects than actually playing
yes the vypyr is an excellent amp man, look on youtube for tones and stuff. I love mine
Quote by willT08

Joke is old. GTFO.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER