How do I hook my Xbox up to my Macbook Pro. It's got a mini display port and a firewire port so it's one of those. I've got HDMI on my xbox as well. I want to be able to plug my xbox into my mac and play xbox on the screen.
Think For Yourself, Question Authority - Dr. Timothy Leary

Quote by Poopsmith666
[21:09] im so canadian i piss maple syrup and i shit the beavers!

Quote by theyab
[1:01] im 21 years old i know how to jerk off
You can do it with a normal computer. I know there's something you can get for it. My friend has one that works with USB, but I don't know if there's anything for mac, or if I can just do it with the mini display or whatever.

Quote by Poopsmith666

Quote by theyab
I don't quite think it's possible that your able to hook up an Apple product to a Microsoft console.
So I don't get it, why doesn't anyone like Squiers?

GEAR:
Red Affinity Series Squire Fat Strat [guitar]

Little Big Muff Pi [pedal]
I basically just want to turn my macbook into a TV screen

Quote by Poopsmith666

Quote by theyab
What I do is I play xbox on my PC screen using a special VGA cabel from Microsoft. Not sure if a mac screen uses a VGA cable, but knowing Apple, it probably doesn't soooo...google is your friend.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
lol its a mac, not a windows pc, xbox hooks up to windows based pcs, macs however it does not

u want to use ur mac as a monitor, macs im pretty sure arent made this way, they are made to be a mac, not a useable monitor for other purpose
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
can't be done brah. not because it's a mac, but because it's a laptop.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I don't think it's possible on any laptops because the video output is just that: output. You can't input data in the output jack.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
If your Macbook has a video input, and your xbox has a matching video output, just plug 'em in. I'd imagine if the macbook has a video input it's also got some kind of settings to use it.

Although i rather doubt a laptop would have video inputs, since generally you're trying to output from a laptop to a projector or bigger screen..