First off, I don't care if you prefer Windows or Macs, I use both so I don't need to read "MACS SUCK LOL" or "WINDOWS CAN SUCK A FAT ONE!" (although I know there will be a few kids who decide to anyways)

So anyways, right now I have XP partitioned on my Mac. It's crude to say the least. I like XP but it was a downloaded copy and is missing plug-ins and other things that can be quite crucial. Since I'm a college student, I can get Windows 7 for $29.99. There are a few questions I have though:

-Should I wait a little until they fix any bugs/issues before I buy it? Since Windows 7 is new, I figured there would be some kinks they'd need to fix.
-For any of you who have Windows 7, how do you like it compared to XP/Vista?
-Should I buy the 32-bit or 64-bit version? I'm not sure exactly what the difference is, I figured my Mac can handle either one (4gb ram, 500gb hard drive, etc.)

Any help and tips would be appreciated.
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
I think the problem you're having is you're trying to apply logic to Christianity, a religion based on a cosmic zombie
you might as well go with the 64bit one, seeing as you have a 64bit machine and you don't (shouldn't) stand to lose anything by having it.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Get 64-bit. There aren't any major bugs, I haven't noticed many minor ones either.
Either way, better than Vista and XP.
hello
Now if I get the 64-bit, should that be able to run any programs or software that I buy without issue? Like if a program was basically made for 32-bit, would a 64-bit run it no problem?
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
I think the problem you're having is you're trying to apply logic to Christianity, a religion based on a cosmic zombie
i have 7, zero problems so i say go for it

since u have a 64 bit computer, get the 64bit otherwise ur just letting ram go to waste
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
It is awesome and then some.

Well worth upgrading - heaps better than Vista - more efficient, faster, more user friendly e.t.c.
7 wasn't rushed like Vista. There was pre-release versions for a good few months before to work out any bugs and I haven't come across any as yet.

Final thing: 64 bit version ftw.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Wait for service pack one at least.

Remember Vista?

No?

Good, Vista never happened...

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
vista was erased from history
they dont even sell it anymore (coincidentally they still sell XP)
windows 7 is great, it went through many beta stages to make sure it was good to go
i've only had one issue so far and that was playing a pirated copy of a game that was probably buggy to begin with,
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
win 7 is win. a lot better than vista and XP

srsly get it, especially at that price!

if not buy it and sell it on
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
I've heard W7 is pretty baller. You can only install W7 if you have Snow Leopard, though.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
So I should have no issues running a 64-bit version of Windows 7 on my Macbook Pro running OS-X? It has 4gb of ram, 500gb hard drive, either 2.66 or 2.8GHz (cant remember), etc.
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
a neat little program is called virtualbox, it lets you run other operating systems through this program, it works well on my mac, i run win 7 on that.

Win 7 is better than XP/Vista worth the upgrade, alot of features resemble the mac
Quote by osXtiger
Wait for service pack one at least.

Remember Vista?

No?

Good, Vista never happened...

you obviously have not used 7 have you.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by Jk47_
a neat little program is called virtualbox, it lets you run other operating systems through this program, it works well on my mac, i run win 7 on that.

Win 7 is better than XP/Vista worth the upgrade, alot of features resemble the mac

I ran Ubuntu with this for a while, and it was very smooth. Then I realized I had Snow Leopard and Linux was the biggest waste of time and space I'd ever encountered and I deleted it. Oh well. Might put Windows in there, though. Could be fun!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
7's upgrade from Vista is no more substantial than Leopard's upgrade to Snow Leopard.

Get the x64 version and it'll take advantage of the Mac's hardware.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by JimmyBanks6
you obviously have not used 7 have you.

Not much, but it's usually better to wait for the first service pack.

Then again, Windows 7 is way better than Vista, so it's probably going to be fine.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by osXtiger
Not much, but it's usually better to wait for the first service pack.

Then again, Windows 7 is way better than Vista, so it's probably going to be fine.

There's not really any driver or system issues in 7 right now. But then again, I didn't have any issues with Vista when it was new either. Both are still generic OS's though. If you read actual tech reviews, you'll see that most reviews rate them about the same. The "7 is gonna be so much better" is just marketing hype and a placebo effect.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
alright then i have Vista on my laptop, 64bit, if i replaced Vista with Windows 7 would i have any issues or anything? lose any settings? are my specs decent enough to run it? (320GB HD, 4GB ram, Intel Core2 Duo T6500 processor 2.10GHz)

Just because I can get it for cheap too because im a university student
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Last edited by poopsmith666 at Nov 27, 2009,
You'll need to upgrade to Snow Leopard before you can use windows 7 with your mac. At least that's what I've been told.