Hi.

tl;dr: I need a basic set up to record guitar and vocals on my computer.

I wish to try recording some of my work, but i have no good equipment.

All i have is a shitty microphone and audacity. But it is impossible to record more than one track since audacity keep compressing the audio length and quality.
The set-up is hopeless and can not record high volume sounds.

So i need a "basic" starter kit to be able to record guitar and vocals. I guess this includes a better microphone, a mixing table(?), possibly a new sound card setup and somenew software.

I am not sure what i need to look for, that is why i need your help.

I'm planning to order from Thomann.de thomann.de, and preferable a total price over 600 EUR.

Thanks in advance
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Look for a package that includes:

a mic or two
a few XLR cables
A mic stand
An audio interface
Software

I suggest an interface with either a USB2.0 or Firewire connection. Name brands like PreSonus, M-Audio, Tascam, and EMU are all good in my book.

For mics you can't bead the MXL 990/991 set which are great for just about anything and are affordable at $100 USD.

Cakewalk makes a few lower end Sonar versions which are nice but look around and try some 30 day demos for yourself.

You should not need an analog mixer and your sound card is bypassed for all audio when you plug in an audio interface.