so the other day i decided to tune my guitar to C standard to play along to a couple of songs. I only had it like that for about a half hour and then I put it back to E standard.

Now my intonation is way off. When I tune my high E string to perfect pitch, the open note (E) is fine, but the 5th fret is way flat (by about 17 cents) and it gets worse as it approaches the 12th fret. I thought that maybe I should adjust the saddles at the bridge, but the saddle for the high E is all the way forward and can't be adjusted any further.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this? Will getting new strings solve my problem?
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Did you mess with your action at all? Depending on your guitar you'll have to adjustyour tail piece or action. Can be a few different things.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
no i didn't mess with the action at all. I just tuned it and tuned it right back.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
well, old strings might've been the problem. i suggest getting new strings, resetting the saddles to a neutral position, string it, then set it up.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"