Around Christmas, I'm hoping to be getting some equipment, including a stack, for shows. I want a similar tone to the guitar tone in "Pray for Plagues", by Bring Me The Horizon. Another example would be "Composure", by August Burns Red. I was thinking about going towards Marshall or a Peavey 5150, or a Valve King. I need a head, stack, and possibly a pedal if needed to get my desired tone. How much would such a think cost? The cheapest possibilities and the more expensive possibilities would be appreciated. Thanks
what country are you in?
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
A Peavy 5150/6505 will run you about 500-600 USD, used. A Marshall 1960 4x12 will run you 300-400 USD, used. That should satisfy all of your metal tone desires. You won't need a pedal, at least for distortion.

this is the stuff you would need to get a sound like august burns red

http://www.uberproaudio.com/content/view/625/38/
Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!