One of my friends has been nagging me to get an Xbox 360 for the past year and I haven't budged because of the RRoDs. Yesterday he told me that Microsoft edited the Xbox and its now damn near impossible to get it (exaggerated). I might be willing to fork over a couple hundred to get one if that were true, anyone else hear anything like this?
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
i got mine last christmas and its working fine.
hope i didnt jynx it..
My Gear:

Fretless Squier P Bass
Ibanez SR400QM
Gallien Krueger 1001RB
Traynor TC410
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD-7
Surely there is an xbox 360 thread? Or games console thread?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Three year warranty on 360s for the Red Ring.
Still sucks though. But they're a hella lot less common. Still easier to kill than the PS3 or so, but it's definitely a lot more reliable then at first. Go get one.
Quote by Venice King
Surely there is an xbox 360 thread? Or games console thread?

I wanted to address this claim specifically, not for it to be sucked in to the giant crowd of posts in the gaming thread.

I might get one tomorrow on Black Friday. Anyone know what the longest warranty for it is?
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
Last edited by PinoyxRockar at Nov 26, 2009,
Well, actually, my warranty was only for a year and it broke 18 days after the warranty ended.
That was the last straw.
The next day I threw the thing out in the middle of the street.
Thanks microsoft!
Mac/PS3 all the way.
Quote by IROn 5L1nKY
Well, actually, my warranty was only for a year and it broke 18 days after the warranty ended.
That was the last straw.
Thanks microsoft!
Mac/PS3 all the way.

There's an extended warranty on the RRoD. Nice reading skills.
Yea, you get a three 3 warranty, though it's only for the red ring of death.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
my disc drive broke on mine=( piece of shit, i still want another one though
Quote by yo_peh
i love you!
have cookie

Quote by RocksAwakening5
^^^ So much win, omg.
Quote by IROn 5L1nKY
That was the last straw.
Thanks microsoft!
Mac/PS3 all the way.

I hope to god you had a rrod, how I'd laugh.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I hope to god you had a rrod, how I'd laugh.

This.

RRoD is merely an inconvenience.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
I have been using a 360 for I think 4 or 4 1/2 years. Had an RROD on one of them (just ONE MONTH before my three years was up!) and got it replaced. No problems with the replacement, coming up to a year now I guess.
I DID have a RRoD, but it wasn't the three red lights, it was just one, and that one wasn't covered under the three year warranty, only a one year warranty. You guys all think that you're covered in the case that anything breaks, but microsoft specifically cut corners so that they'd have people lining up to get their consoles repaired. It was essentially their only way to make money off the 360, or so I've heard, since the things cost more to make than they were sold for. Doesn't make me like microsoft anymore for selling shit products.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Even if you do get one, it's free. The warranty completely covers it for 2 or 3 years I think

This.

The RRoD are still a problem, but not NEARLY what it was even a year ago. Personally, my 360 could break 5 times a year and I'd still prefer it to any other next gen console. The online play and games are just better period.
Last edited by iwannabesedated at Nov 26, 2009,
Quote by IROn 5L1nKY
That was the last straw.
Thanks microsoft!
Mac/PS3 all the way.

I could buy 3 comparable PCs for the price of a MAC, and the PS3 has no good games except for Uncharted. AND it's more expensive.
Quote by iwannabesedated
The online play and games are just better period.

I'll grant you that most of the games are bad ass, but the online play is just becoming more and more saturated with commercialization and advertisements. When they redid the dashboard I got angry because they had said you would be able to go back to the old one, which was a lie, and the new one was centered around and encouraged people to just completely immerse themselves and their bank account in music videos, little game-addons, arcade things, and blah, blah... it's disgusting, not streamlined.
I like it when companies don't try to shove themselves down your throat at every turn.
Quote by PinoyxRockar
One of my friends has been nagging me to get an Xbox 360 for the past year and I haven't budged because of the RRoDs. Yesterday he told me that Microsoft edited the Xbox and its now damn near impossible to get it (exaggerated). I might be willing to fork over a couple hundred to get one if that were true, anyone else hear anything like this?

Just avoid the whole problem by getting a ps3, most games come out on all systems anyway.
Quote by IROn 5L1nKY
I'll grant you that most of the games are bad ass, but the online play is just becoming more and more saturated with commercialization and advertisements. When they redid the dashboard I got angry because they had said you would be able to go back to the old one, which was a lie, and the new one was centered around and encouraged people to just completely immerse themselves and their bank account in music videos, little game-addons, arcade things, and blah, blah... it's disgusting, not streamlined.
I like it when companies don't try to shove themselves down your throat at every turn.

Thos bastard companies trying to make money, how dare they.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by IROn 5L1nKY
I DID have a RRoD, but it wasn't the three red lights, it was just one, and that one wasn't covered under the three year warranty, only a one year warranty. You guys all think that you're covered in the case that anything breaks, but microsoft specifically cut corners so that they'd have people lining up to get their consoles repaired. It was essentially their only way to make money off the 360, or so I've heard, since the things cost more to make than they were sold for. Doesn't make me like microsoft anymore for selling shit products.

This is also covered under 3 year warranty sooooooooo...
Meat
Quote by IROn 5L1nKY