I own an esp ltd mh-401. It has the floyd rose special bridge in it, and it has always been pretty reliable. Right when I got it, i had to tighten some stuff up because the guitar would go outta tune when I slammed the whammy bar, and then one of the saddles got stripped. But I fixed all of that and it has been in good working order since.
Now however, when I pull down on the whammy bar and bring it back, the strings go out of tune. I did some experimenting and i think the problem is when i release the whammy bar, the bridge doesnt go all the way back into place, it is tilted slightly foward, causing the strings to loosen up. Does this mean I need to lubricate it? And how do I lubricate it? Do I have to take all of my strings off, and take the bridge out? Thank you.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

The FR special on my Alexi-200 does this aswell. If lubrication will solve this, i would really like to know.

otherwise i'll be dropping a gotoh floyd onto it
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Believe it or not, the springs can get perminantly stretched out of position. It is very possible that if you use your Floyd quite heavily, one or more of the springs in the back has weakened - tightening up the back should fix this.
It's not always the case, but it's worth looking into before you go buying a whole new bridge or anything. Most problems with even the cheapest of Floyds typically just come down to it not being set up quite right.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Believe it or not, the springs can get perminantly stretched out of position. It is very possible that if you use your Floyd quite heavily, one or more of the springs in the back has weakened - tightening up the back should fix this.
It's not always the case, but it's worth looking into before you go buying a whole new bridge or anything. Most problems with even the cheapest of Floyds typically just come down to it not being set up quite right.

That makes sense. Mine was set up well for awhile. Its perfectly parallel to the body, the strings are all locked well into place and it isnt damaged or rusty or anything. I might try tightening the springs in the back if you think that will work. If anybody could also tell me how to lubricate it, that may help too?

P.S. I do get silly and kick the shit out of my floyd sometimes I love it
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Last edited by Watterboy at Nov 27, 2009,