I'm looking for some songs that have solos in it that are fast and have good techniques in it and are pretty fast but easy to get down. I need to start to be able to play fast and need a good song to get me there. I can play the crazy train solo and think that the one part in it is fast, so maybe something around that speed maybe faster. It also has to be technically good like not just some mindless tremolo picking.
Stabwound by Necrophagist.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
Yeah I started Arpeggios from hell, that song is a good example of what I'm looking for, except that song's riff is equivalent to the speed of the solos I want.
so you're wanting something a little slower generally with only the solos topping out at that speed? hmm, try some Satriani - maybe stuff like "always with me, always with you" - really melodic but has some faster sections.
You could always simply try playing the stuff you already know faster.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If you can play crazy train, try some other ozzy stuff like mr crowley or bark at the moon. Other good ones i found can help are the intro to cliffs of dover and the intro and solo to play with me by extreme. Maybe look up some Paul Gilbert too.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Quote by steven seagull
You could always simply try playing the stuff you already know faster.

BAAAAAAAD move. I did this when I was playing early on before I had my techniques down. I tried jamming with some friends one day, every song we tried to play, I played at x2 speed.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Quote by Mr_CiNiC
BAAAAAAAD move. I did this when I was playing early on before I had my techniques down. I tried jamming with some friends one day, every song we tried to play, I played at x2 speed.

Slayer play their songs almost 2x faster live lol

How about Scarified by Racer X?
Paganini , Paganini, and more Paganini

that shit is technical

fast

and just pure tits.

I feel accomplished every time i learn a rift from that man.

long story short

Paganini = pure win in technicality, speed, and overall awesness
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by Mr_CiNiC

No....goooooood move.

Just because you lacked discipline doesn't mean everyone else does.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Master of puppets riff after the opening will help the dexterity in your had to play other stuff. As far as techniques. the best thing you can do is to learn different scales, modes, and create your own flavor using what you hear. If you have the proper dexterity, and adequate knowledge of note relationship, with a decent ear, you can play anything you can hear.

As far as tips, learn to use all of your fingers and know the importance of each.
I am the only sane person on the planet. Does that make me crazy?

Crank the Mids
avenged sevenfold solo are pretty quick and most have a few techniques in them
Xbox Live GT: A7X Dan 09

Only Playing Gears Of War 2 ATM