I posted in the Bugera Militia thread but no one seems to be paying attention to me in there so I thought id make a fresh thread.

I have a Bugera 6260 combo (got it the other day) and I was just wondering if there are any recommended mods I should look into doing to get the most out of it? I like how it sounds now but im always looking to make improvements if they are possible. Retube? Speaker swap? If so what makes and models should I look into? I currently run an overdrive up front to tighten things up, but apart from that im simply running the amp stock. I was thinking about throwing an EQ in the loop too.

So are any of these things worth doing? Or am I better off saving cash and running it the way I am?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
New tubes, speakers, and an OT.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
eq through the loop always helps, can't recommended it enough
Gear:
Jackson SL1 !
Jackson SLS3 w/ bk warpig
ibanez RGA 121 with D sonic and paf pro
peavey triple X with JJ 6L6s and celestion G12k-100
bad monkey
mxr 10 band eq
digitech hardwire dl8
paul gilbert's airplane flanger
Speakers: Celestion V30 and G12-65 or 2 V30's. The WGS and Eminence equivalents will work too
Power Amp Tubes: JJ's: 6L6, EL34, KT77
Pre Amp Tubes: Tung-Sol 12AX7 for some clarity.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
Speakers: Celestion V30 and G12-65 or 2 V30's. The WGS and Eminence equivalents will work too
Power Amp Tubes: JJ's: 6L6, EL34, KT77
Pre Amp Tubes: Tung-Sol 12AX7 for some clarity.

This with some clarifications:

Power tubes: TAD, Winged =C='s, Tung-Sol, Ruby, Mullard.
Pre amp: Tung-Sol, Electro Harmonix, Penta, Mullard.

JJ's have QA issues and I think you'll like some of these other brands' tone better.

As for mods. I think you should check out FJA, he does incredible work on all types of amps (Bugera's included).

There are a multitude of mods available and can really improve your amp a lot.

http://www.fjamods.com/Bugera.html
Last edited by )(yperX at Nov 27, 2009,
Quote by )(yperX
This with some clarifications:

Power tubes: TAD, Winged =C='s, Tung-Sol, Ruby, Mullard.
Pre amp: Tung-Sol, Electro Harmonix, Penta, Mullard.

JJ's have QA issues and I think you'll like some of these other brands' tone better.

As for mods. I think you should check out FJA, he does incredible work on all types of amps (Bugera's included).

There are a multitude of mods available and can really improve your amp a lot.

http://www.fjamods.com/Bugera.html

Can I just ask which 6L6 I should go for? Ive been looking though the tube thread and in there it says Tung-Sol's are the best power tubes but they are 6V6 not 6L6, will these work in the Bugera? If not, which brand would be the best because in the tube thread it says under 6L6 either JJ or EH are the best.
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
You can't really go wrong with any of the brands I listed.

Personally I just ordered a set of TAD 6L6GC-STR's. It's up to you on what tonal qualities you are looking for, some are darker/brighter and some have more emphasis on low end etc. My personal picks would be TAD, Winged =C='s or Tung-Sol.

www.TheTubeStore.com has some great descriptions of each tube and reviews. I would still buy from Doug's Tubes though.