Been looking for a guitar with emg pickups in it. I have a Schecter C1+ right now that I could just have them installed in, but I'm gonna see how much I can get for it and an old amp of mine for trade in.

If, I get enough to upgrade to a new guitar I was looking at either a Jackson DKMGT (no floyd rose) or a Epiphone Prophesy. I haven't played either for any length of time so I came here for some first opinions .

Do they sound good? Do they play well? That sort of thing.

Or should I just keep the Schecter and stick the emg's in that?

Or what other guitar should I be looking at? Can't be any more expensive, and I would go used but then I wouldn't get trade in value towards it so new is best.

Jackson:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-Jackson-DKMGT-Dinky-Electric-Guitar--2008-Model--512241-i1495973.gc

Epiphone:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-SG-Prophesy-EX-Electric-Guitar-104611165-i1386472.gc

Thanks
I have played both and I prefer the Epi. The Jackson has more of a high tone to it while the Epi has a deeper tone. Either guitar is good I like Jackson and Epi. You might want to go out and try them and see if active pick ups are what you want. I myself don't care for EMGs they really only excel when playing thru a tube amp on a solid state amp they lack where passives IMO sound better.

John
heard those epis are pretty nice. not a fan of emgs at all, but id choose the epi over the jackson. looks better also!
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Well I do have a tube amp , and I guess I can't really say if I have an opinion on emg's but they gotta be better than the schecter stock ones I would imagine. And yes the epi is pretty sexy lol. I have played it once but it was a few months ago. I remember it was pretty light.
I like the Epi's too.
I never got to try those out.
I wouldn't touch the C1. it's a great guitar as it is.
I have EMGs and love 'em but I would definately just buy an EMG guitar.
There's a lot out there with 81/85 combo.
Quote by archetype713
Well I do have a tube amp , and I guess I can't really say if I have an opinion on emg's but they gotta be better than the schecter stock ones I would imagine. And yes the epi is pretty sexy lol. I have played it once but it was a few months ago. I remember it was pretty light.

just play it a good amount before you buy it. try out some guitars with nice passive pick ups in them as well. high out put passives sound better than any active in my opinion. thats just me, might not be the same for you or someone else. explore. you might find something else that you like a lot more.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
you should get the Epi Zakk Wylde Graveyard Disciple! it looks wicked!!! but then again looks sure as hell arent everything. looks a little uncomfortable in a sitting down position but standing up it looks ok. i dunno, just a thought
Don't steal.
The government hates competition.
Quote by bluechikkens777
you should get the Epi Zakk Wylde Graveyard Disciple! it looks wicked!!! but then again looks sure as hell arent everything. looks a little uncomfortable in a sitting down position but standing up it looks ok. i dunno, just a thought

one of the ugliest guitars ever. not only does it look terrible, but it looks like itd be really uncomfortable to play.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT