So, my guitarist recently bought three new pedals: A Bad Monkey, Digitech Phaser, and the Ibanez TC7 chorus.

He was trying out the pedals, and powering them through his AC adaptor that he had been using for his Digitech multi-effects unit. Everything was going fine until he plugged in the chorus. We promptly smelled smoke and unplugged it.

I then opened it up and took a look inside the pedal. I noticed that the area near the AC input on the motherboard (the green thing; not sure if that's what it's called) was warped, presumably from the heat. I have very little knowledge of electronics, so I decided to come here for help.

Is there any way to fix this without buying a new pedal/spending a lot of money?

Thanks in advance guys.
Sounds like you've fried it by putting too much power through it. Don't think there's much you can do to it, but if he's bought it recently can't you just take it back for a replacement?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by SimplyBen
Sounds like you've fried it by putting too much power through it. Don't think there's much you can do to it, but if he's bought it recently can't you just take it back for a replacement?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Do you know if Zzounds will replace it? I looked at their return policy, and it doesn't mention damaged items, but does say we can "almost any product for any reason".