This is a updated version of The Philosopher's Theory. I give thanks to my friend Imm0rtal(sp?) for giving the song a new spin on things and overall helping the song.

Tell me what you think so far. C4C
Attachments:
The Philosopher's Theory G5 ATL.gp4
The Philosopher's Theory G5 ATL.gp5
The Philosopher's Theory MIDI ATL.mid
Last edited by The Arsis at Nov 26, 2009,
Harmonics, harmonies improved drums.. hmm.. This song has variation, and insane bass lines. Chorus is pretty awesome I still don't like verse II riff really. It contains brutal riffs. "Verse" riff is kickass! Please replace D# Power chord on verse II riff, it sounds like shit. Nice choir in chorus, reminds me little bit from behemoth! And bassline makes it really brutal, makes me feel like listening mayhem, it really throwed me into dark mood. Boring bass break, you could remove that. Nice solo forgot to say ! Clean break should be darker, it's pretty boring at it is compared to song before it. Damn, no metalcore style riff, nono! Ruined the song! Nice bridge, boring drums anyway. 8/10. End was a dissapointment!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22410146#post22410146
jesus christ those guitar tones are amazing.

I liked the transition from the speed metal intro/verse 1 into the behemoth riff for verse 2. The clean interlude was very well timed and sounded great. everything after that interlude absolutely killed, especillay that thrashy riff with the minor 3rd hammeron pull offs.

I agree with the above post, the drums were boring and didnt enhance the riffing.
Last edited by k7jetto at Nov 27, 2009,
Reminds me a lot of Arch Enemy but heavier.

Love the verse riffs, chorus was sick, bar 43 =D

Pre solo was ****ing epic man w/ that synth going

bar 115 brutal string skippage, me likes

Bar 135 was eerily reminiscent of Nevermore (i can't remember the song name off the top of my head, it was off of Godless Endeavor).

Bar 151, this I didn't like, to me it was the lowest point of the song, sounded way to core-ish to me; not that there's anything wrong w/ it, I personally didn't like it.

Bar 168 was sick, the dissonant harmonies I'm a total sucker for.

Outro is ok, was expecting a better one to be honest but it flows and that's all that matters.

8/10, you always put out solid work =)

crit my latest? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1236836
"Our revenge so everlasting sweet,
Enslave your Children, Behead the weak,
Kill every last Man, Woman and Machine
The cleansing has begun.
Your meek defense is foolish,
we come from the stars a trillion strong."
Needs moar...well, it really doesn't need anything. It's very powerful, and forceful. The intro reminds me a bit of Aeon and The Black Dahlia Murder in the same stroke. Strange, I know, but I see it.

There aren't any parts where I thought,"This is weak, needs more brootal!". The dynamics all worked very well. Chorus was the only part that I thought could use a little sprucing up. Probably with some 8th note octave dyad slides.

Otherwise, good song!