SO!!!...I am starting to play shows with my band. I use my manager's half stack, but I want to get my own, that way if I do have times I cannot use his, I can still play a good show. I also need a new one in general. I have a 30 watt Fender Champion 130. It has 2 inputs, and BOTH are going out. It also crackles. But I'm not necessarily a huge guitar wizz. I usually play Heavy Metal, maybe Black Dahlia Murder, Lamb of God type stuff. www.myspace.com/sonsofvoorhees. I'm the guitarist of that band. That's not necessarily the tone i want as a live sound, cuz i like it to more stay in the recording, but that's the kind of music i play. so suggestions?
Budget? Location? Don't need a halfstack but we can work with that.

A Mesa Mark IV/V is what your looking for.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Last edited by R.D at Nov 26, 2009,
Price range?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Darkflame
inb4 500$howsthemghalfstack

lulz induced.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
bugera, peavey, used marshall.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
peavey for the tone you are looking for. triple xxx used or 3120 i think it is now called new.
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
except for the part where the first band he mentioned uses Mesa Triple Recs and the Second uses Mesa Mark IV/V
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson RD Artist

Amps:

Framus Cobra

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Quote by R.D
except for the part where the first band he mentioned uses Mesa Triple Recs and the Second uses Mesa Mark IV/V

Well that would obviously be ideal...but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that they're out of the budget
In which case I'd recommend a Mesa DC-5 / .50cal which would come in on the same budget as the XXX and get closer to the tone your after
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson RD Artist

Amps:

Framus Cobra

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Last edited by R.D at Nov 27, 2009,
Bugera 6262
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
If it is within your budget, take a look at the Carvin V3 halfstack with the Celestion Vintage 30s cabinet. It is as loud as hell, does all sorts of tones and styles well and sounds great. It is also built like a tank, so it will last you a very long time.
Everyone who is saying that you don't need a halfstack is partly wrong. A combo can't sound like a halfstack- it just doesn't happen. In fact, on my band's record I used a combo and a head verson of the same amp to get the bigger, bassier sound of the halfstack and the higher mid-focussed sound of the combo.

What's your exact budget, though?