What's the worst guitar you have ever played? It can be one you just saw in a store and tried it out, one you own, or any other time you had the misfortune of playing that instrument.

For me it's this acoustic Gibson guitar my friend has. I don't know which model exactly but it's an old model at least 30 years old. Anyways I had the misfortune of borrowing it for a weekend. Since I don't have my own acoustic I wanted to try one out. Anyways, I sat down to play it and it was painful, not the sound, the feeling literally. All the frets were razor sharp and it hurt sliding up and down. The strings were awful too, they sucked all the moisture right out of my hand and since they were thick gauge strings they just tore my fingertips apart. Also the tuners were almost rusted shut. I have no clue how he kept it tuned. Last the sound was unbearable. It's tough to describe. I"m sure it's not bad to all but it sure was to my ears. Anyways if you feel like sharing your experience please do.
The worst guitar I have ever played is an epiphone sg toni iomi signature. Oooo mann this thing is terrible. I love guitar, it's definatly a huge chunk of my life. Whenever I see a guitar I always want to play it, no matter what it is. But my friend has this epi SG, and whenever I go over to chill at his house, I don't even want to look at it. It is the ONLY guitar I've ever played that I say "mannn, I'd rather not be playing this right now" whenever I pick it up. High action, sounds like complete sh*t, inntonation is way off. I just can't seem to play well on it.

This is the worst part is that he thinks the guitar is awesome. I keep telling him that I think it's time for a new guitar, but he always says "nah I don't think so man. The Iomi is awesome." I just don't get it.

Worst guitar ever
Stuff:
-Orange Tiny Terror head
-Roland Cube 20x
-Ibanez SA
-Ibanez RG7321
-Fender MIM Strat
-EB Music Man SUB 1
Quote by j37h307
The worst guitar I have ever played is an epiphone sg toni iomi signature. Oooo mann this thing is terrible. I love guitar, it's definatly a huge chunk of my life. Whenever I see a guitar I always want to play it, no matter what it is. But my friend has this epi SG, and whenever I go over to chill at his house, I don't even want to look at it. It is the ONLY guitar I've ever played that I say "mannn, I'd rather not be playing this right now" whenever I pick it up. High action, sounds like complete sh*t, inntonation is way off. I just can't seem to play well on it.

This is the worst part is that he thinks the guitar is awesome. I keep telling him that I think it's time for a new guitar, but he always says "nah I don't think so man. The Iomi is awesome." I just don't get it.

Worst guitar ever

Same thing with my buddy and his Washburn N2. I can't stand it, and that's a statement seeing as I love both Washburns and Nuno Bettencourt. He thinks its amazing, I don't have the heart to tell him it sucks
UG's Prodigal Son
An original messenger. Incredible tone for early classic rock (not my cup of tea), but a BITCH to play!
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

My first guitar, it was a £80 strat clone set with an amp (Horrifyingly bad), case, strap and all that. Bad idea I know but hey I was 16 and poor at the time.
Action a mile high, seemed to be made of MDF, the pickguard would lift up if you tried lowering the neck pickup and it sounded terrible plugged in.
A berhinger strat copy I was jamming out on in a store once, just to see if it was completely awful. It was. Different frets played the same notes on some of the higher frets, and everything felt and sounded cheap. It made BC Rich Bronze series guitars look like a USA strat or Jackson in comparison!
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
I can't remember what it was exactly... but it had the body of a strat (sort of) and a headstock with a 3+3 configuration, and the top of the H/stock had a circle bulging out of it.

But it was bad, but considering the kid that owned it was all of about 8, I didn't mind and said "Yeah! nice!' as he showed it to me and my friend (because encouragement is the root of motivation)

for those too brutal for a normal shaped acoustic
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Last edited by LPstudioWRz28 at Nov 27, 2009,
Ibanez RG3something something. Simply unforgivably awful in every single way. Second to that, Gibson Les Paul Axcess, the version with the Floyd. Again, everything was terrible though at least the basic materials were better in that one.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by FlightofIcarus
A berhinger strat copy I was jamming out on in a store once, just to see if it was completely awful. It was. Different frets played the same notes on some of the higher frets, and everything felt and sounded cheap. It made BC Rich Bronze series guitars look like a USA strat or Jackson in comparison!

true and it put me off guitar for 3 years then i bought a bass couldnt pass up on my mates aria which i loved dicking around with :P

but that guitar is one of the reasons that i became a bassist.I mean i still play acoustic yamaha for writing bass lines(get chords so i can get the root note) but that behringer guitar is really this bad.I hate it and want to set it on fire was gonna stuff my behringer guitar amp full of fireworks for the lulz earlier this month.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Some random Behringer iAxe guitar which was almost impossible to set up, followed closely by a Squier anniversary of model of some sort. The playability on the latter was poor and really disappointing then again it was a squier.
shudders behringer should be banned from making products they are so lousy

also low end dean basses were atrocious same for B.C rich.But the behringer took the crown by a large margin its just that bad even their V-Tone amps make Spider 3's look like Dual Rec's LMAO.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
my least favourite was my drummers ESP LTD something or other (strat with HH basically). The action may of actually been LOWER than the frets! every single fret buzzed! and the thing was in tune maybe ten minutes of some attempted blues riffage. It sounded like shit (and its a sweet amp, not sure the make), but I just cant play it.
Also, my drummers old oscar schidt (normally a good make) bass of unknown name. The action was ridiculously high, I couldnt fret the damn thing!
So, I try to be nice when I first play these... the second time I almost smashed the damn instruments! they were both terrible. but, hes a good drummer, so what could I do?
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
I remember a particularly awful Gibson LP studio I picked up a while back.Horrible fret work,a poorly finished neck and body,a terrible set up,and sketchy electronics made for a very unpleasant playing experience.I can forgive cheap guitars that play and sound bad because they're made from low quality materials and so on,but for a $1000+ instrument to be like that is absolutely ridiculous.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

My cousins old Harmony Strat copy from Brand Names back in the 80's. Yuck, yuck, yuck.
The Samick Strat ripoffs. I've heard people on UG say they are good, but people who say that are on crack.
I owned a BC Rich Warlock for a number of remorseful years. uggh. Never again.
Ibanez GIO retard-sg shaped thing. It sucked so much ass. Worst action, terrible pickups and intonation, shitty neck. It disgusts me.
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
2 guitars. my friends old epi LP special II. the intonation was all over the place and the action was terrible. and this kid it my jazz bands les paul. Its a real gibson but he has it set up so poorly it is very hard to play. the action isn't high on all the strings just some. its annoying to play. It makes me love my guitars so much more.
A lot of you should keep in mind how far a very basic setup can get you.

Take any low-end guitar, and adjust the truss rod until there is a very slight amount of relief. Set the action to at least 2.0 mm treble and bass side. Then, take the time to intonate it. This very simple setup can absolutely transform any guitar.

IMO, things that make a guitar "bad" are: poor pickups, hardware, or electronics; unlevel, loose, or sharp frets; a poorly cut nut or bad tuners; an uncomfortable body shape, and poor overall quality including fit and finish. Also, obvious things such as terrible body wood or a warped neck would make a guitar "bad".

A guitar can't be tested properly unless it is set up properly first.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by j37h307

Worst guitar ever

So you don't like the guitar because it has a set up that doesn't suit you? Why nit set it up for your friend and then try it. Haha
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
The worst guitar I ever played was my friends little brothers little silvertone guitar. It had a HH setup and I was starting out at the time but even I could tell it wasnt even worth the wood it was made out of. The things action wasnt bad but still had quite a bit of fret buzz. The frets were sharp, the pickups were intensly muddy, it wasnt very comfirtable to play. I think a First Act would have been a upgrade. All I know is that every time I saw it after that I would look at my yamaha EG 112C like it was a Ibanez RG Prestige. Of course the yahama sucked too and I sold it for my douglas wr340 *love it*
My friends squier tele from like the 70s or something. Anyways it looked plain nasty and had a terrible sound to it, although thats prolly just me cause I prefer metal and don't really like telecasters in general.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
Ugh. My friend's homebuilt Strat that he painted rainbow with oil paint. He didn't even spray it, or clearcoat it.
It sounds so AWFUL. It literally cost him less than $170 for the body, neck, trem, pickups, other hardware, everything. The neck, even with a proper setup, feels so terrible. It has a thick U contour, it made me rage. The pickups were SO muddy, even with the treble on his amp all the way up. The trem was so stiff, it could hardly dive, and when it did, the tuning was SHOT. The saddles were also rusted (even though they were new, wtf), and we couldn't fix the intonation on it. It was just such a shitty guitar.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
I had to think a little bit, but it was an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. I think it was more to do with how the guitar was set up than anything (this is the case with 95% of guitars) but it felt clunky, hard to tune, intonation was way off and the fretboard was dry as hell. Not a nice experience.

TS - The single nicest guitar I've ever played was a Gibson acoustic, so I guess that one had just been abused over the years or something.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
the two highend jacksons that fell apart on me........told the story a few times already on UG so won`t repeat here.
there are 2 that immediately spring to mind.

some budget peavey piece of crap that i was forced to use for about a week while my guitar was in the shop, its the worst guitar i've ever known

a very close second is my friends american strat, i don't know what's wrong with it, but it is beyond horrible to play. it is way beyond acceptable levels of bright. playing it on the bridge pickup is nearly impossible because its just such an insanely shrill sound. i am a HUGE strat fan, but i'd rather play nothing at all than play that.