I noticed this recently.

I have always had my amp on the ground when i play and i usually stand up. Get a great sound. Even played gigs with it and it was great. Then. The other day, i sat on the floor and my ear was in direct line of the speaker and the amp didnt sound good. any one else ever experienced this, or should i have reason to be worried and/or take action?

Thanks
It's basic physics. Things sound different when you're at different locations related to it's origin due to how sound waves interact with the room. If you're right in front of the amp, they're not really hitting the room before they reach your ears.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
It's normal man, DW.

It's to do with the relative kinetic energy of frequencies and waves inherit abilities to cancel each other out (Where the waves overlap and the Amplitudes are added). Ever notice at a live show how if you stand in the crowd, you get a great mix, then you stand over to the side and you get more bass. And if you leave the venue all together you can make the bass out still quite clearly but have difficulty hearing the guitar/singer/snare?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Last edited by R.D at Nov 27, 2009,
yeah, that happens. I will always sound different from different angles and so when playing live you need to make sure the amp sounds good from the audience's point of v- ..hearing.

I always have my combo leaning against the wall angled upwards/towards me, in my room.
well yea. I understand why. what im really asking is: Is the audience hearing what i hear, or a similar sound to what i get in line of the speaker and, if i mike it, will i get that rash sound, or not. Cuz is seems like everyone gets stands for their amps, but i hate to hear mine at my level. Is it just me or is it the amp?
BtW. Sorry for the 10,000 questions, but this is bothering me haha
If the room your playing in is acoustically thought out well and you have a good tech at the sound board, what the audience is hearing is better than what you're playing.

Edit: The stands are to break the resonant bond with the floor, this simply put tightens the bass frequencies.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson RD Artist

Amps:

Framus Cobra

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
hah. Wow. Lot of good response and no assholes. People actually help now. Thanks a lot, I feel better now haha
haha, I've only been in one fight on here today (My fault, jokingly facepalmed someone and they got all defensive). It's unusual.

Anyway man, have a nice day
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson RD Artist

Amps:

Framus Cobra

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Quote by R.D
haha, I've only been in one fight on here today (My fault, jokingly facepalmed someone and they got all defensive). It's unusual.

Anyway man, have a nice day

hah. Sounds like fun
Quote by musicfan1234
hah. Wow. Lot of good response and no assholes. People actually help now. Thanks a lot, I feel better now haha

what, you got a problem with assholes? all of a sudden it's a big deal for an asshole to use a fvckin' forum? GTFO!

jk,
i had this problem, so i started eqing my amp while sitting in a chair haha
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣