Hi all,
I've been in and out of playing guitar for about 5 years now but I'm still a beginner since I didn't put much time to it (I did have an acoustic guitar about an year ago and had to loose it when I moved) Anyhow I do want to buy an electric guitar to play not to do gigs or anything like that (I do like to listen to Breaking Benjamin, Paparoach, TFK etc. therefor play them, hopefully!). I don't really know much about Electric guitars. All I know is that its good to have humbuckers and I like the double cutaway type because its more visually appealing to me! and btw my budget is $200 - $250
I went through few dozens of reviews to finally come up with the following. but I cant really decide which to chose.

1. Ibanez IJX30 Electric Guitar Pack
There weren't many reviews for this but the few there were did have some bad ones. It was said that this has very bad fret buzz but I read somewhere that it's normal in any brand new factory guitar and that you have to get it setup by a professional and that'll fix problems like that. I also found out many good reviews about this as well but the thing that worries me the most is that this guitar is not on the official Ibanez site (I don't know if its too old or too new to find it there)

2. Epiphone Les Paul Special II Player Pack
Next up is this one. There weren't many bad reviews about this one except for the ones that said that the chrome parts peeled off and rusted after some time and it keeps tune very poorly. But if this doesn't have a un-fixable fret buzz I'd buy it even if its not double cutaway.

3. Ibanez GAX70 Electric Guitar
Finally this one. I did not find any reviews worse than the ones that said it's ok for the price but the thing that bothers me about this is that it's not a pack so I would have to find the amp, tuner etc. myself

So please help me decide (feel free to suggest anything other than these 3 as well), Thanks in advance
First of all I'd say don't get a starter pack, buy everything separately and if you need help search/ask on here, if you're getting a pack b/c of money restrictions try used separate pieces of gear

I bought the epi pack listed as #2 there and I didn't like it very much because I thought the amp sounded like crap, when I went back to the amp for the first time in a year or so it sounded all right, but it might discourage you if your tone varies between crap-mediocre, i'd assume this goes for most starter pack amps, the guitar itself was allright but it doesnt feel as well put together as it should be, so again, buy separately
Quote by Marky_Strummer
I think most people here will discourage you from getting a starter pack

Because they usually suck. I regret getting mine. I suggest
This
and
this
but if you go used you can do better.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
i was about to suggest the same thing as a lot of ppl her
the vypyr has good distortion for those bands
and ibanez is a good brand to start off with since their low end stuff is pretty good
so listen to these people
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
I am going through Guitar centers used gear listings but I'm a bit reluctant to do an online purchase for something used (not that I haven't bought used stuff online) especially a guitar cos u'll never know it's real condition till it actually arrives, But other than that I'm ok with used gear!
First of all I'd say don't get a starter pack, buy everything separately and if you need help search/ask on here/QUOTE]
Thanks SinSyring & the ug community
Quote by Kurt.hewett
I am going through Guitar centers used gear listings but I'm a bit reluctant to do an online purchase for something used (not that I haven't bought used stuff online) especially a guitar cos u'll never know it's real condition till it actually arrives, But other than that I'm ok with used gear!

Buying guitar gear is very similar to buying cars; you can buy them new, but you'll usually get a better deal buying used. Both my guitars and my tube amp were purchased from ebay, as well as my MXR Micro Amp. Out of those, the only one that had some cosmetic damage was the Micro Amp, but I got a sweet deal on it and don't really care that much about cosmetics.

Guitar gear is meant to be abused, and as such is usually built quite sturdily. Buying used in this case will allow you to get equipment that would normally be way out of your price range.
Quote by imicius
Buying guitar gear is very similar to buying cars; you can buy them new, but you'll usually get a better deal buying used. Both my guitars and my tube amp were purchased from ebay, as well as my MXR Micro Amp. Out of those, the only one that had some cosmetic damage was the Micro Amp, but I got a sweet deal on it and don't really care that much about cosmetics.

Guitar gear is meant to be abused, and as such is usually built quite sturdily. Buying used in this case will allow you to get equipment that would normally be way out of your price range.

And I'm assuming that u'd say the best place to get used equipment is ebay?
Quote by Kurt.hewett
And I'm assuming that u'd say the best place to get used equipment is ebay?

theres also craigslist
My Gear (prepare to be amazed)

Squire Affinity Strat HSS

Yamaha FD02

Fender Bullet 150 DSP amp