Page 1 of 2
A Charvel Socal in polar white. I bought it from the US for a total of $1225 AUD (including shipping) which is pretty good since they sell for $1895 AUD here in Australia.

The neck is unfinished and oiled, so its incredibly smooth.

Dislikes:
The large block heel joint.

I've left the plastic on the pickguard.

Thats a damn cool guitar! HNGD !
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Nice guitar. Charvel has one of the most comfortable necks to play on. However, I'd rather stab myself in the nuts with a screwdriver, than have a Floyd Rose style bridge.
There's my way and the wrong way.
Quote by seth's daddy
Nice guitar. Charvel has one of the most comfortable necks to play on. However, I'd rather stab myself in the nuts with a screwdriver, than have a Floyd Rose style bridge.

i would have agreed with you until i upgraded to an original floyd rose

to TS if u like the that epic sustain you can add thick neck joint to ur Likes list
congrats.

those necks are the secks.

I just sold my candy plum so cal and got a american std strat cause i couldn't stand the floyd haha. and i never used it
2008 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Schecter C-1+
Squier '51 (blonde with black pickguard)
Fender Super Champ XD
I love those guitars in every way. Great necks and neck joints, great pickups, great bridge. I'd like to own one if not for the $1000 CAD price tag.

HNGD!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
delicious
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
there is something that is just special about these charvel guitars! I love them!

congrats man! Shred the shit out of it
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Hngd!!
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
HNGD mate! personally i like fender strats*cough* telecasters* better, but thats just my opinion mate
the so cal is definitely one of my all time favorite guitars out there. congrats! happy new guitar day!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
That is so cool! I have to get one of these. HNGD
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
Sexy
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Man thats nice. I want one but will never be able to afford. How does she sound?
badass
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That's awesome man, did they slam you some nasty import tax or were you lucky enough to escape it?
Lovely guitar man!
Is that one of the new versions they brought out late last year?

I tried one of the Socal 2 series and it was amazing. Wish i'd really picked it up at the time
Top lel.
Nice, I like the finish, HNGD!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
HNGD, I love the look of CHarvels, not a fan of the necks but they are very nice guitars indeed
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Man thats nice. I want one but will never be able to afford. How does she sound?

The leads sound great, playing clean with chords isn't amazing but I guess you can't expect that.

nice! 25.5" or 24.75"?

25.5". The strings actually feel quite loose compared to my fixed bridge guitars and my ibanez RG370dx which has an edge III. Very easy to play.

That's awesome man, did they slam you some nasty import tax or were you lucky enough to escape it?

The seller was nice enough to put a slightly lower value on the invoice so I avoided any tax.

Lovely guitar man!
Is that one of the new versions they brought out late last year?

I tried one of the Socal 2 series and it was amazing. Wish i'd really picked it up at the time

I believe so. I really know nothing about charvel and their other guitars, this was an impulse buy which is VERY unlike me since I've been playing the same old guitar for the last 5 years. I went into a store, played one, fell in love with the neck, went home and ordered one from a US ebay store.

whered you buy it from?

US ebay
Wait is the Floyd Rose able to pull back?
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
Quote by Metalfan41
not a fan of the necks

wat

Shake my hand and join the club man. HNGD.
Quote by Fives
Wait is the Floyd Rose able to pull back?

you could set it up to float a little, but i can't imagine you'd get much more than a semitone...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you could set it up to float a little, but i can't imagine you'd get much more than a semitone...

It's set up floating out of the factory; when I got mine it pulled up by a tone exactly, which is really useful.
Very nice
My Gear:

Guitars:
Partscaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Amps:
Blackheart Little Giant
Jet City JCA20H

Pedals:
BYOC Confidence Boost
BYOC Dist+