Hey, I have just finished putting together a new mix for my new song!

Here it is - http://www.mediafire.com/file/ogxqxmleyfn/The Rage - reamped version.mp3

::XeS:: from Ultimate Metal reamped it through his 6505+ and a 2x12 cab. The drum were made with various samples from the Erkan collection on Ultimate Metal as well. For anyone interested in what samples were used, -

Kicks - Sneap kick samples
Snare - Unbelievable Snare - Z1-Z4
Hi-Hats - A mix of Erkan and Behindert samples
Crashes - A mix of Erkan and Behindert samples again
China - Behindert China
Tom 1 - Chimaira Tom1
Tom 2 - Chimaira Tom2
Tom 3 - Chimaira Tom3

Let me know what you think! This has taken a long time!

Good or bad comments are all useful, anything will help me improve my shit!
Sounds pretty good. The snare is a bit annoying though, it might be a tad too loud. The bass guitar sounds a bit weird tbh and it's also not really audible. I prefer mixes where you can hear the bass clearly. Otherwise it's a pretty solid mix and smooth mix. What's up with 2:53-3:06 though? It sounds really weird. Anyway, I really like how the drums sound, they sound pretty authentic. Do you think you could hit me up with those drum samples per chance? I would be really grateful if you did.
There is no bass.

Snare sounds pretty shit, wouldnt use your combination of samples again there, kick lacks punch, need to eq a bit more low end into it, comp it a bit.

Toms arent really coming through at all.

Guits sound fuzzy as hell, could be shit pickups, could be a bad reamp, what are you using?

Music is generic and unmusical, like bad hardcore riffs.
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Sounds pretty good. The snare is a bit annoying though, it might be a tad too loud. The bass guitar sounds a bit weird tbh and it's also not really audible. I prefer mixes where you can hear the bass clearly. Otherwise it's a pretty solid mix and smooth mix. What's up with 2:53-3:06 though? It sounds really weird. Anyway, I really like how the drums sound, they sound pretty authentic. Do you think you could hit me up with those drum samples per chance? I would be really grateful if you did.

I sent you a link to where I download them

That part at 2:52-3:06, I think I was playing a sort of harmony part, playing three separate things at separate parts of the neck, with headphones you can hear it better, the three different bits on different sides of the head!
Quote by Beefmo
There is no bass.

Snare sounds pretty shit, wouldnt use your combination of samples again there, kick lacks punch, need to eq a bit more low end into it, comp it a bit.

Toms arent really coming through at all.

Guits sound fuzzy as hell, could be shit pickups, could be a bad reamp, what are you using?

Music is generic and unmusical, like bad hardcore riffs.

There is bass, its just very quiet. I used a mix of two snares for this then added some compression, I agree, it needs to go! This is still the rough mix, It will sound better and more polished once its actually finished, with lead guitars and vocals. I actually thought the toms were too loud, maybe I will add some compression to make them louder.

I didn't do the reamp, it was ::XeS:: from Ultimate Metal, a real pro at recording! The DI's I sent him were a bit shit, it could be that but I don't actually think its too fuzzy, these are the raw guitar tracks as well, with no compression or EQ'ing done yet.
Quote by muckypup
There is bass, its just very quiet. I used a mix of two snares for this then added some compression, I agree, it needs to go! This is still the rough mix, It will sound better and more polished once its actually finished, with lead guitars and vocals. I actually thought the toms were too loud, maybe I will add some compression to make them louder.

I didn't do the reamp, it was ::XeS:: from Ultimate Metal, a real pro at recording! The DI's I sent him were a bit shit, it could be that but I don't actually think its too fuzzy, these are the raw guitar tracks as well, with no compression or EQ'ing done yet.

In that case thats one quiet as hell bass.

Heavily distorted guitar tracks dont need to be compressed, and if done well enough shouldnt need to be EQ'd either.
Nothing spectacular, but definitely not bad. Snare sounds a little odd, can't put my finger on it. Kick is alright assuming that super click sound is what you're going for. Someone already mentioned guitars sounding fizzy, I'm also hearing some intonation problems as well. What's the guitar setup?
Quote by take_it_t
Nothing spectacular, but definitely not bad. Snare sounds a little odd, can't put my finger on it. Kick is alright assuming that super click sound is what you're going for. Someone already mentioned guitars sounding fizzy, I'm also hearing some intonation problems as well. What's the guitar setup?

Do you mean the tuning? It was in drop-D with a set of 52-10 strings on. I did want a clicky sounding kick, but am thinking about changing it to a more meaty sounding kick. The snare was actually two snares layered together, they didn't quite go though, so on the final mix, I will have to change them as well.
Quote by CatharsisStudio
defiantly your best. time to learn compression on drums, and panning and eqing.

your starting to get there

Looove the snare

thanks man, the snare was a mix of the andy sneap snare samples with some compression added. I'm really not very good at all with compression and eqing, is the best place to learn more abou this Ultimate metal or is there a better website for it?
Quote by muckypup
Do you mean the tuning? It was in drop-D with a set of 52-10 strings on. I did want a clicky sounding kick, but am thinking about changing it to a more meaty sounding kick. The snare was actually two snares layered together, they didn't quite go though, so on the final mix, I will have to change them as well.

Well technically speaking by intonation I'm referring to the setup of your guitar, so that the tuning is consistent across the length of the neck.
there's almost no low-end in the mix. it sounds like there's nothing below about 150 Hz. it's muddy at ~200-350, and it's kinda crunchy at 2k and 4k.

sounds like a pretty good start. i'd work on adding some body and warmth to the kick and snare, and get more lows below 150. the mix is also really narrow and lacks depth.