I've been playing electric guitar for 3 years and acoustic for 9 years (acoustic was on-off and inconsistent) so it's fair to say that I'm an amateur guitarist, definitely beyond beginner I hope. So I'm looking for a half decent guitar. I've been looking online and found the Epiphone les paul which looks quite good at about £250 - that's the sort of price range I'm thinking of (or cheaper).

Firstly, is this guitar any good to your knowledge?
Secondly, can anyone recommend any other guitars at a similar sort of price.

I play mostly Punk and Rock along with some Ska and Metal on occasion if that helps.

Also, is this in the right place? I wasn't sure, sorry if it's wrong.
^ what he said

(beaten)
Last edited by ezza619 at Nov 27, 2009,
The Epiphone Les Paul?
you played us

as both a cancer and a cure
Squier Tele Custom
Laney TF300
Wrong forum, you probably want to delete this and take it to the Electric Guitar forum. Also, I wouldn't call it "guitar picking help" because it sounds like you need help with picking style.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
I had a feeling I was wrong... Oh well I'll go to the right one. Is there a way to delete this thread?
post some pr0n. thread will definately get closed. you might get banned too though... but it would be worth it??
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Delete your first post, that will delete the thread.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live