Yoyoyoyo! Muffinz is back in da house!

Anyways, today my teacher gave me and another guitarist the job for accompanying the St. Lucia-show when school ends for winter. We got the chords and the melody for the song. So what I'm wondering now is how would you do the rhythm? At first I thought that some fingerpicking would be cool, but I'm not sure if we would be loud enough (because there is like 10-15 singers, although no mices afaik). Then I got the idea that my guitarist-friend would play some kind of rhythm with just the chords and I would incorperate the melody in some way (kinda like the Silent Night song here on justinguitar), but would it be too much or would I even be heard? Then we have the most basic alternative that we settle for a rhythm and both of us play the same thing, but that may be too muddy?

Anyways, how would you do it?

Here's a link to the song (yeah, I know that this whole Lucia-thing is quite dull, but traditions are traditions):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk0FyZqNp5Q

Oh, btw, I play a steel-stringed accoustic and he a nylon-stringed one (although it might be possible for him to borrow our teachers steel-stringed) and sorry if my english isn't correct, but hopefully the message got through.

//Muffinz
At my school we did fingerpicking on steel strings and soft full chords on a nylon

edit: on the steel stringed, do the chords at 5-7:th position, and play open chords on the nylons
You like it
Last edited by linus.d at Nov 27, 2009,
Quote by linus.d
At my school we did fingerpicking on steel strings and soft full chords on a nylon

edit: on the steel stringed, do the chords at 5-7:th position, and play open chords on the nylons

Okay, gonna try that, thanks