Narrowed down to

Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer Overdrive Pedal
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer Overdrive Pedal

vs

Boss OS-2 Overdrive and Distortion Pedal
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion Pedal
Boss DN-2 Dyna Drive Overdrive Pedal

What are the differences? Just personal preference and taste?

Im running through a VOX AD30 + Ibanez s620 guitar
depends on what you want to do. these are very different pedals

the TS pedals are pretty much basic overdrives. most any OD pedals anymore are basically TS clones.

the boss overdrive/distortion is supposed to be an OD and a distortion in one pedal, and youre meant to be able to change the blend between OD/dist. imo its one of boss's gimmicky pedals that arent worth it.

the turbo distortion is basically a ds-1, but with a turbo mode that gives you more gain

the DN-2 is an OD that is supposed to be especially responsive to pick attack. ive never tried it, but from what ive heard in demos, i wouldnt reccomend it

also all the boss pedals are going to be a hell of a lot cheaper. but imo unless youre really tight on cash, youre better off saving up. it all depends on what youre looking for though, because these are all very different pedals
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
You won't be able to pick out the subtleties of any of them with a 30w modelling amp really. modelling amps model sounds, so do pedals, not too much point modelling a model...

What sort of music do you want them for?
none of them are specifically 'better' they're just different. That said, i wouldn't recommend the ds-2
Out of those the TS9 is your best option
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}