alright,i want a headphone

I have 50 bucks max
im a casual listener
no used market available
prefer soundproof but the other is OK

recommend me something
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
overhead or noise canceling
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
how does it compare to the other?
Quote by angusfan16
other headphone in my price range
Quote by angusfan16
Skullcandy Hesh? I don't really know. They should be fine for casual listening. Also Sony.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
Skullcandy Hesh? I don't really know. They should be fine for casual listening. Also Sony.

no, they're not.

Sony and Sennheisers are your best bet, maybe AKG.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
no, they're not.

Sony and Sennheisers are your best bet, maybe AKG.

Seconding this. Skullcandy are complete form-over-function headphones.
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.
Sorry, they don't make Headphones with tubes in them. You'll have to go for a solid state solution
Really surprised at people in this thread... never heard of Koss Portapros? Exactly what the OP is looking for IMO(though they're not soundproof sadly). You can get them well under $50 and they'll outperform headphones over $100.

Only other bet would be the Sennheiser PX100s, similar to the Portapro but less bassy. Skullcandies aren't bad either I guess.
i actually hate portables headphones cause their driver is too small

these are the one im looking at
Koss pro4AAT

HD-555

Anything else i should consider?
Quote by angusfan16
Last edited by O.O Meow O.O at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by GURREN LAGANN
Really surprised at people in this thread... never heard of Koss Portapros? Exactly what the OP is looking for IMO(though they're not soundproof sadly). You can get them well under $50 and they'll outperform headphones over $100.

Only other bet would be the Sennheiser PX100s, similar to the Portapro but less bassy. Skullcandies aren't bad either I guess.

I think I know who you are

now stop being a little troll

and sure:

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-212-HD-212-Headphones/dp/B000065BPA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1259513312&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-435-Versatile-Ultra-Light/dp/B000E1DSBI/ref=sr_1_65?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1259513573&sr=1-65

IMO, I'd go for the first but it's slightly bassy.

EDIT:

Quote by O.O Meow O.O
i actually hate portables headphones cause their driver is too small

these are the one im looking at
Koss pro4AAT

HD-555

Anything else i should consider?

Wasn't your budget 50 max?
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by Slicer666

i though the hd-555 is onsale @amazon for around 50 bucks

and dont recommend skullcandy
Quote by angusfan16