if you play blues, then definetely get the fender
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
How have you finalized on these two? They're completely different.

What genre's do you play?
and
What Amp are you using?
while going thru the reviews ppl said that they were both very versatile guitars....hence i finalized on these two....i play all kinds of songs...depends on my mood

as for the amp... i need to buy a new one...i have a roland cube at present
Do you want the floyd rose? If you aren't going to be really using it usefully then you'll be better off with the Fender.
the esp is a great guitar but mainly for metal, or rock....but i think the fender is more versitle, but there must be something better than that look at an ibanez with h/s/h...prolly very versitle and actually cool looking
Quote by bigjuice_7
the esp is a great guitar but mainly for metal, or rock....but i think the fender is more versitle, but there must be something better than that look at an ibanez with h/s/h...prolly very versitle and actually cool looking

Grrrr it's not an ESP it's a LTD.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Grrrr it's not an ESP it's a LTD.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who gets annoyed when an LTD gets called an ESP .

I'd personally pick the fender out of those two if I were playing mainly blues.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who gets annoyed when an LTD gets called an ESP .

I'd personally pick the fender out of those two if I were playing mainly blues.

Don't worry bro I'm starting to single out people who call LTD an ESP. Last time I checked LTD's were not Made in Japan which ESP's are.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Don't worry bro I'm starting to single out people who call LTD an ESP. Last time I checked LTD's were not Made in Japan which ESP's are.

Indeed,they're nice guitars for the money,but an LTD can't compare to a high end MIJ ESP.The intellectual dishonesty must be stopped,because if we don't stop it now then a tide of ignorance will spread across the land and engulf all we know in perpetual dumbness.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Indeed,they're nice guitars for the money,but an LTD can't compare to a high end MIJ ESP.The intellectual dishonesty must be stopped,because if we don't stop it now then a tide of ignorance will spread across the land and engulf all we know in perpetual dumbness.

Ah me MIJ ESP <3 So want a custom shop Mirage but lack of funds hurt me.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Ah me MIJ ESP <3 So want a custom shop Mirage but lack of funds hurt me.

I'd love to get a nice FR 7 string from them,but I can never seem to find one.I managed to track down a custom shop Horizon 7,but it was over $3000 which was just soul crushing .

Quote by Pr0gNut
I'd love to get a nice FR 7 string from them,but I can never seem to find one.I managed to track down a custom shop Horizon 7,but it was over $3000 which was just soul crushing .

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/original/m7/index.htm That's about $3000 Don't think ESP make any Standard Series guitars with 7 strings and floyd rose.
Dude, a thread got hi-jacked without my "gut-wrenching" shenanigans? (<-- cwatididthur)

btw, Pr0gz_Nutz, look up the Ibanez RG1527, or even the 2228
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Nov 28, 2009,
For blues the fender will definitely serve you better. I got great tone out of a stratocaster roland cube rig for 2 years. The ltd is made for metal and the floyd rose will prove to be a pain in the ass. A HSS strat is THE guitar for versatility.
UG's Prodigal Son
Quote by azn_guitarist25
http://www.espguitars.co.jp/original/m7/index.htm That's about $3000 Don't think ESP make any Standard Series guitars with 7 strings and floyd rose.

That's the exact guitar I saw

I'm not sure if they do or not,but if they do I've never seen/heard of it.It annoys me because I like their unfinished or oiled necks,but I can't stand TOM style bridges,ad that's all all I can find on their 7's.Of course,all of this wouldn't matter if I could find an Ibanez J Custom or Caparison 7 string .

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Dude, a thread got hi-jacked without my "gut-wrenching" shenanigans? (<-- cwatididthur)

btw, Pr0gz_Nutz, look up the Ibanez RG1527, or even the 2228

But they're Ibanez and suck crap. Pr0gNut try and find a Caparison Dellinger 7 it's well worth it mate.
Quote by Pr0gNut

I'm not sure if they do or not,but if they do I've never seen/heard of it.It annoys me because I like their unfinished or oiled necks,but I can't stand TOM style bridges,ad that's all all I can find on their 7's.Of course,all of this wouldn't matter if I could find an Ibanez J Custom or Caparison 7 string .

see my above post, bro. The prestige 7 has a rather nice trem on it.

Quote by azn_guitarist25
But they're Ibanez and suck crap. Pr0gNut try and find a Caparison Dellinger 7 it's well worth it mate.

you suck crap! >.>
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Nov 28, 2009,
Quote by Pr0gNut

Overseas but doesn't matter

http://www.digimart.net/inst_detail.do?instrument_id=DS00779680
http://www.digimart.net/inst_detail.do?instrument_id=DS00679040

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']you suck crap! >.>

No U
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Nov 28, 2009,
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']see my above post, bro. The prestige 7 has a rather nice trem on it.

I know,I've played it before,but I'm stubborn and when I do get a new 7 string it's going to be at least a Caparison or J Custom model . I was toying around with the idea of getting the 1527 and repainting it in the black and white Picasso finish that was on the old Ibanez JPM models,but I decided to just Mod my Fernades Revolver since it plays like butter and spend the money on something else.

Dear lord,that oiled mahogany Dellinger looks amazing

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Nov 28, 2009,
Quote by Pr0gNut
I know,I've played it before,but I'm stubborn and when I do get a new 7 string it's going to be at least a Caparison or J Custom model . I was toying around with the idea of getting the 1527 and repainting it in the black and white Picasso finish that was on the old Ibanez JPM models,but I decided to just Mod my Fernades Revolver since it plays like butter and spend the money on something else.

Can't beat that.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Can't beat that.

Yeah,the Revolver is kind of an enigma to me,even though I've had it for a year or so now.I bought it used for $100 just for the f*ck of it,and have absolutely no information on it,not even a serial number .It plays great though,some I'm gonna throw a set of DiMarzio pups in it,replace all the electronics,and slap some schaller mini lockers on it just to make it even better.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Yeah,the Revolver is kind of an enigma to me,even though I've had it for a year or so now.I bought it used for $100 just for the f*ck of it,and have absolutely no information on it,not even a serial number .It plays great though,some I'm gonna throw a set of DiMarzio pups in it,replace all the electronics,and slap some schaller mini lockers on it just to make it even better.

very nice. I look forward to seeing the final product.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']very nice. I look forward to seeing the final product.

I'll post some pics of it once I get done modding it,which should be mid December if I don't get lazy.I'm thinking of trying the new Crunch lab and liquifire pups that DiMarzio recently released,since I've heard good things and don't want to do the generic D-sonic/Air norton combo.

Quote by Pr0gNut
I'll post some pics of it once I get done modding it,which should be mid December if I don't get lazy.I'm thinking of trying the new Crunch lab and liquifire pups that DiMarzio recently released,since I've heard good things and don't want to do the generic D-sonic/Air norton combo.

Sounds good.