Hey everybody. I've got a 4GB fourth generation iPod. When I first bought it I never thought I'd need more than 4GB. But now that I have this habit of uploading full albums only to my iPod, I have run out of space.

So, can I pay for an upgrade so the iPod can hold more songs, or do I have to get a new iPod?
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
There's probably some site that would mod it for you, but the most reliable alternative would be to get a new iPod.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
Quote by parigod
There's probably some site that would mod it for you, but the most reliable alternative would be to get a new iPod.

+1
a 16GB nano is 179 now. compare that to the price it would cost to try to get it upgraded, and you'll probably find that it's worth getting a new one (safer, new battery, new features, new warranty).
They have solid state hard drives, which are pretty cheap. I've taken a couple apart before... swapping out the hard drive would be easy... putting it back together... not so much.
can't be done. The whole system is a single circuit board. It can only be done on classics and older models (like the mini) where they have actual hard drives. The solid state memory iPods (nano, touch, iphone) have the memory soldered directly onto the mainboard, so you'd have to replace the entire board, which is essentially the entire iPod.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.