Every town must have someone who isn't in the public eye but is well known around that area. By this i mean someone slightly eccentric/retarded who is well known amongst the immature or drug users.
The area i lived in used to have a crazy old man with the dirtiest and longest beard iv ever seen. He spent all day walking round the town collecting trolleys and getting things like "yeah trolley ted" or "Have a wash you dirty bastard" shouted at him. When he died it appeared he was actually very rich but just liked to live like a tramp, his death made the papers.
Since he died his position of town **** up is close to being taken over by a delightful man currently known as schizo chris. (For anyone who's seen psychoville imagine a slim david with a leather jacket and briefcase). He spends his days walking around aimlessly whilst chuntering the most insane stories or phrases to himself. In my experience iv heard him ranting on about how hes " gotta get myself a goat and ride it good, ride it good i will" seen him standing outside a supermarket shouting that "the end is near" and one time some people shouted abuse at him so he stopped, turned round and literally screamed i "i don't expect you to understand me, afterall i am god!" His main trademark is to stare at young women, smile evily an then thrust his face towards then whilst making some gurning motion revealing all his teeth and gums.
Anyone else got unfortunate characters who will go down in your towns folklore
My local area has 'The Thong Man'.

He's an old bastard, round 60 - 70 years old, who walks approximately 25km to the city every day. The thing about him is that he does it in only a pair of denim overalls and a pair of thongs (or flip-flops if that's what you call them wherever you are).

Some days he'll catch the bus back to his place and some days he'll walk the 25km back. He had an article about him published in the local paper a while back.
There's a dude in my town who walks all through town, and he has a staff covered in Beanie Babies.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
New York has Sully, the man who managed to fly a damaged plane into the hudson river and didn't kill a single person.

Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

We've got Arnol. He was called Arnold, but he gave the letter 'D' to God. He is basically an old bearder guy in a wheelchair who's driving around yelling stuff like "I drank a coke with Jesus and he loves us all, his love is great!".

He usually hangs around in the center of Eindhoven, but he comes to my town Veldhoven on saturdays.
Quote by The_Casinator
We've got Arnol. He was called Arnold, but he gave the letter 'D' to God. He is basically an old bearder guy in a wheelchair who's driving around yelling stuff like "I drank a coke with Jesus and he loves us all, his love is great!".

He usually hangs around in the center of Eindhoven, but he comes to my town Veldhoven on saturdays.

thats brilliant!
Quote by The_Casinator

just...

Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking