hey guys and gals.

so i keep on going on to my parents how much i wont a new guitar, them 1 day my dad said instead of you getting a new guitar why dont you do one up?

he told me hed give me some money every month to help me
but i was wondering if it is actually worth the money doing up a jackson kvx10

things good
really nice thin and fast neck
no buzz at low action
nice hand full with my big hands
pretty decent stock pick-ups

things bad
top heavy
amazingly bad place of jack socket(could be easily moved)
floyd rose is old and bad(because i bought guitar second hand)
tuning stability is horrible even without tremolo use

so i definitely would need a new original Floyd rose
im definitely need some grover tuners
i need some way of stopping the annoying top-heavy thing
and i would probably get some new pups

so all this would probably cost a lot, is it worth doing all this over buying a new guitar?

sorry for the long post

=] =]
You don't need new tuners, as long as the nut is locked. You do need a new FR, I'd say Gotoh LFR.
For the top heaviness, you'll just need to relocate the strap pin nearest to the neck. However, It'll still be top-heavy; it's a v. :p
I'd say it's worth it. Pretty enjoyable process as well. Besides, everything you listed negatively about it can be fixed.
"For the top heaviness, you'll just need to relocate the strap pin nearest to the neck. However, It'll still be top-heavy; it's a v. :p"

what about putting some weights in the body, would that fix it?
It would, probably if you put the weights in the bottom/lower 'fin'. But there's a control cavity there, and you'd probably have to take out wood to get the weights in, and that changes the tone (slightly). It's still a great idea though, and would work as well as, if not better, than changing the strap-pin location.
I didnt like the tuning instability of my RG 350's EdgeIII trem (cheap licensed floyd produced by Ibanez) because it was old (2000 guitar) and i got it second hand (a few months ago). All i did was cram about 40p of change into the back (wrapped in electricians tape) either side of the trem block, perfect stability, locks the tuners in place. Job Done

And it'd be worth doing up for the experience you gain along with a nicer guitar.

all in all, nothing to lose really