Hello all.

I've recently started recording stuff using the 3.5mm headphone jack on my Dell laptop going into stuff like Ableton Live and Guitar Rig, with ASIO4ALL making it all work without too much latenecy. What I was wondering was if there are any good cheap external soundcards or audio interfaces I could use to improve the quality and maybe have multiple ins/outs. My laptop has a 34mm ExpressCard slot, and a few USB inputs.

Also, the laptop has two headphone outs, so I was wondering if it would be possible to have it set up so that I could use one out for Ableton Live and the other hooked up to headphones to use it as a cue track?

Thanks in advance.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
I have a Tascam US-144 interface and it's pretty good for its price. It's USB 2.0, has two 1/4" and two XLR ins with phantom power, as well as headphones and RCA outs. The thing comes bundled with Cubase, which I hate, but you can certainly run any DAW you like except Pro Tools (I use Sonar 7). If you want to record with Pro Tools you're gonna need something by M-Audio - the cheaper interfaces are in the $200 range. Hope it helps.
Gear
Schecter Demon 7 (standard Bb)
Ibanez RG 120 (dropped C)
Steel-string acoustic (any other tuning )
Line 6 Pocket POD
Boss ME-50
Boss HM-3
Dunlop Original Crybaby
M-Audio Keyrig 25 controller
Quote by Niggypop
I have a Tascam US-144 interface and it's pretty good for its price. It's USB 2.0, has two 1/4" and two XLR ins with phantom power, as well as headphones and RCA outs. The thing comes bundled with Cubase, which I hate, but you can certainly run any DAW you like except Pro Tools (I use Sonar 7). If you want to record with Pro Tools you're gonna need something by M-Audio - the cheaper interfaces are in the $200 range. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the advice. I'll definately add the Tascam on to the list of possibilities.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH