Im having problems keeping time while playing songs and i was wondering if theres any exercises i could do to help, its like when im playing along with a record or pissing about on my on i find it that im slipping out of time a wee bit, should i just play with a metronome more or is there anything else i can do? cheers

And sorry if there are hundreds of threads on this but i couldnt find any thing but i didnt try all that much
Quote by JimmyBanks6
this man is of knowledge

Woo someone said i was smart, how silly
Its time to invest in a metronome, maybe learning time signatures would help to, never really had a problem with my timeing
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Always practice with a metronome...........timing is an internal thing that you should be able to feel. It's sort of like dancing.....
Practice a lot with a metronome.
Ibanez 540S, Randall RG50TC, Blackstar HT-DISTX, Ibanez TS-808
Quote by mini flea
Im having problems keeping time while playing songs and i was wondering if theres any exercises i could do to help, its like when im playing along with a record or pissing about on my on i find it that im slipping out of time a wee bit, should i just play with a metronome more or is there anything else i can do? cheers

And sorry if there are hundreds of threads on this but i couldnt find any thing but i didnt try all that much

1) Get guitar pro (the "free" version) and learn the tab

2) Get a backing track and a metronome (buy it, it's always a good thing) and play on them without any guitar track on.
Last edited by rainboworiginal at Nov 27, 2009,