Recorded this with my band a week ago, though I'm not happy with the mix at all. What do you think? Track is on my profile.

Criticism on the production would be particularly welcome, although this is only a rough demo mix.

I'm on lead guitar and vocal duties, if you're interested

WATCH ON YOUTUBE
Last edited by kyle62 at Dec 28, 2009,
I really like the riff and the feel. Nice guitar sound also.. (telecaster??)
Some of my gear:
Epi Les Paul Custom
Fender American Special Tele
Gibson ES-339
London City Strat copy
Other Strat copy
Taylor Big Baby (acoustic)
Ibanez SGT 130 (acoustic)

Trace 2x 12" guitar amp
Dime Distortion
Quote by MXFNCK
I really like the riff and the feel. Nice guitar sound also.. (telecaster??)
Good ears for picking that out!

Left Guitar (me) = Frankentele w/ hot rails > 1974x clone on full volume with a little extra dirt from a DS-1 (homebrew booster used for solo).

Right Guitar (bonzo_lives)= HSS Strat with JB into '60s JMI AC30, highest gain input, everything on 10.

Cheers for the comments guys
Great song.....it's kicks ass!! I think the second guitar playing the rhythm riffs under the solo is a cool effect.
what's wrong with the mix...sounds really good man. Bluesy, got a vibe, got a good riff, and a voice to match. Really, what's wrong with the mix?
Anyway, tight sounds, though I think the cymbals are weak sometimes. I know I just asked what was wrong with the mix, but yea, the cymbals could be stronger, punchier.
Other than that...nice solo, great tone from a DS-1.
C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1202906&highlight=Alone+%28I+want+to+call+it+ambient+rock%29
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
I think the guitars are a little loud in the mix, or they have too much midrange, otherwise it sounds pretty good.