Just got this for free from a buddy of mine. Brand new, still in the box. I'm pretty sure it's an '09? Plays like a dream straight from the factory. The neck is incredibly nice. I'll be putting a cream pearloid pickguard on it ASAP. Merry Christmas to me!

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

Doesn't the 8 after the MZ means it's an '08?

HNGD!
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
Does this buddy want more friends to give free guitars too? If so have him hit me up and I'll buy him a frozen yogurt or something. :P Man my strat gas just went up, I always am tempted to pick up a cheap one on Craigslist. HNFGD!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Eh, according to The Guitar Dater Project site, it's made in either '08 or '09. I think the first number of the serial number means it was either made that year, or the following year. It's not that big of a deal though.

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

You lucky bastard, I had to pay for mine. Very happy NGD, she looks great, how's she sound?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
It's an 08' because of the serial number says MZ8 i have the same guitar and that is what mine has i bought mine earlier this year, the 09's won't be released just yet Congratulations Happy New Guitar Day!
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Damn, the only bits of guitar related stuff I've ever gotten for free were like, patch chords and stuff.

HNGD!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
Damn, the only bits of guitar related stuff I've ever gotten for free were like, patch chords and stuff.

HNGD!

Patch cords? All Ive ever gotten was a handful of picks! HNGD!
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by smartalec007

Handful of picks? All I've ever gotten was A pick. Used.

HNGD!
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
If it were an '08 or '09, wouldn't the Fender logo be silver outlined in black?

And happy new free guitar day, I wish I had your luck

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

It sounds pretty sweet. Neck pickup is smooth and creamy. The bridge pickup is a little too harsh but when you split the middle and bridge, that sounds really nice.

For those of you who think getting this for free is crazy..didn't Jimmy Page get his #1 Les Paul for free from Joe Walsh? That things worth over like 2 million now!

And I'm not sure about the '08/'09 logo. I have an '04 Telecaster that has the silver logo outlined in black. This one is black outlined in silver. EDIT: It might actually be outlined in gold..it's hard to tell cause I don't have any really bright lights in my room =/

Gear:

the lives to come

Last edited by kschaef at Nov 28, 2009,
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Handful of picks? All I've ever gotten was A pick. Used.

HNGD!

A Used pick? All I've ever gotten for free was lame advice. And, that was to buy new equipment!

HNGD!
While driving yesterday, I saw a banana peel on the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart.
Wow. I wish I had friends like that. Love the maple fretboard. My friends got the same model down to the color and everything. Mexican Fenders continue to prove themselves superior to epiphones.
UG's Prodigal Son
Can we all just agree that Fender Mexico is the shit for the price?

Gear:

the lives to come

Wow free!!! Thats awesome. It's either a late 08 or and 09 as it has the 09 logo and upgrades. They are sweet guitars, especially with some mods. I own a Strat and a Tele and love em both.

ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
The photo quality makes it look like your Tele's neck has flames

Gear:

the lives to come

Quote by smartalec007

you've gotten picks?
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by smartalec007

I had to give the pick back...

HNGD Lucky Bastard...
Quote by headbangerbuggy
That is the most incomprehensible post I have ever seen. LEARN TO GRAMMAR.

Quote by steven seagull
Then it IS blues, just angrier, louder and more pissed off
That strat looks suspicious to me.
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
Wow, a free Fender with a maple neck? I'm really jealous of you. HNGD

Quote by yellowv
Wow free!!! Thats awesome. It's either a late 08 or and 09 as it has the 09 logo and upgrades. They are sweet guitars, especially with some mods. I own a Strat and a Tele and love em both.

(Invalid img)

Those look awesome. I love how even the strap is the same.
cream guard? why not black?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I just got these two basses for free online the other day. Ones a full scale, the other short scale. The full scale one I already converted to a lefty bass, the short scale I have to wait till I can afford some short scale strings for it. Both were screwed electronics-wise but nothing a couple of extra pots laying around, input jacks and some soldering wouldn't fix up.

Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
Quote by the humanity
cream guard? why not black?

Black on red? Nahhhh. I have a black guard on my sunburst tele though; that looks sick. Gotta go cream pearloid on this one.

Gear:

the lives to come