I have 3 pedals: Boss DS-1 distortion, Vox V847A wah, and Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone phaser. They die a lot when I use batteries, so I figured a pedalboard would fix this? Money isn't too much of an object. If I can just buy one, I could get it on Christmas. I could also just make one myself, but I'd prefer if it didn't look really ugly and trashy.

I just don't know how pedalboards work. All I know is they're boards that power every pedal...right?

If buying a pedal board, which do you recommend? Is there anything else I should buy with it?

If making one, anybody know a good tutorial for making one? And do you have recommendations on what I should use to make it?

I feel pretty stupid for asking questions that are probably known by the newest of players, but it'd be really helpful. Thanks
having a pedal board doesn't just automatically power the pedals, you need a power supply to power said pedals.

There are a few really nice tutorials in gb&c, I'm going to build one myself.

It had every tidbit of information you would need to make a fancy one, or just a pretty piece of wood.

It even goes over the best power supplies that could be used for your board.

Go to GB&C and go to the central hub and scroll down untill you see the pedal board tutorial link.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Pedal boards can cost quite alot.
You don't have too many pedals, so if you just want to power them, you could just use a good power supply, and daisy chain the pedals.
Wouldn't look as good but, whatever you want.
Just looked into that tutorial. It looks great! After seeing how a custom pedalboard can look I'll probably end up making it myself.

Edit: @iqigo, I'm getting more on Christmas :P
A 'pedal board' is just that; it's a board you put your pedals on.

All you need is one of these:

And then one of these:

Then find yourself a piece of wood, metal, or whatever else you fancy, and a few rolls of velcro tape (found in most hardware strores).

Total cost will be about $10-$15 at most.

Here's my board as an example:

Quote by kyle62

All you need is one of these:

And then one of these:

Then find yourself a piece of wood, metal, or whatever else you fancy, and a few rolls of velcro tape (found in most hardware strores).

Total cost will be about $10-$15 at most.

Here's my board as an example:

XD... For some reason, I imagine you dancing around your pedalboard while playing to hit the pedals at the different angles you placed them. Hahaaa...
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Quote by Mr_CiNiC
XD... For some reason, I imagine you dancing around your pedalboard while playing to hit the pedals at the different angles you placed them. Hahaaa...

Looks strange doesn't it?
The delay at the top is always on anyway, and everything else is within surprisingly easy reach.
Quote by kyle62

I love the ego boost pedal. "Balls". Did you do that?

Back on topic, Trailer trash pedal boards are amazing. Go take a look at them. they are very pricey, but you said money isn't an issue.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Last edited by fender4482 at Nov 27, 2009,
Quote by fender4482
I love the ego boost pedal. "Balls". Did you do that?

Back on topic, Trailer trash pedal boards are amazing. Go take a look at them. they are very pricey, but you said money isn't an issue.

Indeed I did. I bought the boost pedal (it's a TS808 clone) on another guitar forum, and decided the plain aluminium box needed a little decoration.

A bit of newsprint and some wood glue was all it took to get it to the way it looks in the pic, but 2-3 gigs a week has meant the paper is starting to peel off. I intended to put a clearcoat over it at the time, but laziness prevailed!