I'm thinking of buying an electric guitar and I'm seeing a few of mainstream brands (Maybe I'm not looking hard enough) on the web (U dont need links to find them; and that's exactly what I mean)
1. Gibson (Most expencive stuff of em all, there fore I'm assuming its the best brand of guitars out there)
2. Fender (Not expensive as Gibson I guess)
Gibson Epihone (I thought Epiphone was another brand but found out that Gibson owns 3. Epiphone; that explains why Epiphone can have Les Pauls other than Gibson but much cheaper!)
4. Ibanez (Much much cheaper)

And a lot of "other" brands that don't get much web exposure
1. Jackson guitars
2. Taylor guitars
3. Washburn
4. ESP
5. PRS
6. Greg Bennett
7. Kramer guitars
8. Schecter
9. Dean guitars
10. Hammer
11. Slamer
12. Jay Turser
13. Charvel
14. SX guitars
etc. or etc.
My question is are these other brands any good? if so why arent they popular like the mainstream ones?
That's Funny I've played about 7 of those brands.

Oh and I own 1 and i'm buying 1 more.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by Kurt.hewett
I'm thinking of buying an electric guitar and I'm seeing a few of mainstream brands (Maybe I'm not looking hard enough) on the web (U dont need links to find them; and that's exactly what I mean)
1. Gibson (Most expencive stuff of em all, there fore I'm assuming its the best brand of guitars out there)
Gibson Epihone (I thought Epiphone was another brand but found out that Gibson owns 3. Epiphone; that explains why Epiphone can have Les Pauls other than Gibson but much cheaper!)
4. Ibanez (Much much cheaper)

And a lot of "other" brands that don't get much web exposure
1. Jackson guitars
2. Taylor guitars
3. Washburn
4. ESP
5. PRS

6. Greg Bennett
7. Kramer guitars
8. Schecter
9. Dean guitars
10. Hammer
11. Slamer
12. Jay Turser
13. Charvel
14. SX guitars
etc. or etc.
My question is are these other brands any good? if so why arent they popular like the mainstream ones?

What?
Genius may have its limitations; stupidity is not thus handicapped.
I'm a Dean fan, but PRS, Taylor and several others you list are great guitars. You need to hit a shop and try a few.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by Kurt.hewett

Never assume anything, you make an Ass of U and Me.

I'm not going to Gibson bash, because they are high quality guitars, but they are not the 'best.' What's 'best' is purely subjective.

Also expensive =/= quality
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
facepalm

more than half of these brands do awesome guitars

please
never
ever
compare
FENDER and GIBSON
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
Mainstream = Advertising

How popular a brand is has very little to do with the quality (Especially these days).
PRS may not be as famous as Fender, Gibson, Ibanez etc. but PRS blows those brands out of the water, PERIOD.
Quote by Charlie4
Mainstream = Advertising

How popular a brand is has very little to do with the quality (Especially these days).
PRS may not be as famous as Fender, Gibson, Ibanez etc. but PRS blows those brands out of the water, PERIOD.

HAHAHAHAHA! PRS just kills fender and gibson right?

I wonder what the hell Jimi hendrix, Buddy Holly, John Mayer, Joe Walsh, Adam Jones and millions of other guitarists are thinking.

Anybody who compares a high quality guitar to another high quality guitar that were made for different purposes is a retard or a noob, and should either way stay off this forum.
Quote by woodenbandman
As far as I'm concerned, Boogies descended from heaven on a heavenly A Major soundwave played over a choir of angels singing America/God Save The Queen and giving out free candy.

Need some change for strings? http://www.cashcrate.com/2476533
Quote by Regensgeliebte
facepalm

more than half of these brands do awesome guitars

please
never
ever
compare
FENDER and GIBSON

+1 to all of that
Quote by woodenbandman
As far as I'm concerned, Boogies descended from heaven on a heavenly A Major soundwave played over a choir of angels singing America/God Save The Queen and giving out free candy.

Need some change for strings? http://www.cashcrate.com/2476533
Quote by son of anarchy

I wonder what the hell Jimi hendrix, Buddy Holly, John Mayer, Joe Walsh, Adam Jones and millions of other guitarists are thinking.

Anybody who compares a high quality guitar to another high quality guitar that were made for different purposes is a retard or a noob, and should either way stay off this forum.

yea those PRS guitars have been around for a while. Even Jimi Hendrix and Buddy Holly chose fender over PRS. Oh wait...
Fender American Deluxe Strat, Epiphone Firebird Studio Worn Cherry, Adam Black S5ce

Dunlop Crybaby, Korg Pitchblack, Keeley BD-2, Proco Vintage Rat, MXR Script Phase 90, Danelectro Chorus, Marshall Echohead

Peavey Classic 30
Most of the stuff in your "other" brands list are extremely popular. I would expect something like this out of a September 09er not a May 05er, is it possible that youve been high for the last 4 and a half years?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Kramer is owned by Gibson, apparently they were pretty good during the 80s, but since have become Gibsons starter guitars for 80s....
Plus, the best guitar I've ever played came from Washburn, but it was there custom shop, from 8 years ago. Man such a good guitar.... Point is, Washburn went a bit odd since...
Quote by son of anarchy

Dude, don't be a friggin' dick.

By the way, I think this is the wrong forum...
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
What? Those are all mainstream brands. They might not be as big as Fender or Gibson, but they are all well known and widely used.

If you want some not so mainstream brands, try:
Tom Anderson
James Tyler
John Suhr
Heritage
I would even throw Edwards into the category.
i smell flame war
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.